The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Music 2015/2016 Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by boojiebaba
ikr! it's 90% for an A* in the listening paper - that means you can only afford to lose 8 marks (since 90% of 80 is 72)

it's ridiculous

oh my god, I'm definitely screwed :frown:
Hey, just to say that as well as Capercaillie and Handel, Yiri and Chopin in particular are likely, also someone on another thread thought they might miss out Bernstein or Moby this year! Hope that helps!

And ikr the grade boundaries are really annoyingly high....and coursework too, 57/60 for an A* :angry:
Reply 162
Who's ready to fail tomorrow then! My music teacher said we can email her with any questions...can I email her having a mental breakdown?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Prediction:
(disclaimer: this could be completely wrong; make sure you revise everything, but I wanted to have a go at predicting to see how close I was!)

1. Handel
2. Chopin
3. Schoenberg
4. Reich
5. Davis
6. Buckley
7. Capercaille
8. Rag Desh

9. Mozart
10. Koko
Handel and Capercaille are the most likely to come up in my opinion, capercaille has never made an appereance and Handel has not been seen in Section B for quite a few years. Time to cram them :wink:
Reply 165
Original post by brunoatkinson
Handel and Capercaille are the most likely to come up in my opinion, capercaille has never made an appereance and Handel has not been seen in Section B for quite a few years. Time to cram them :wink:

Handel has never come up either. I'm currently working on electric counterpoint because I'm useless at it! 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kxjzh
Handel has never come up either. I'm currently working on electric counterpoint because I'm useless at it! 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh well all the more reason for me to revise it! Really!? Electric counterpount has always been my favourite, along with Grace, Koko and Rag Desh (weird I know). I hope we dont get any brutal questions in the listening though.
Original post by brunoatkinson
Ahh well all the more reason for me to revise it! Really!? Electric counterpount has always been my favourite, along with Grace, Koko and Rag Desh (weird I know). I hope we dont get any brutal questions in the listening though.

Yeah, let's all hope that edexcel take it easy with our year

Posted from TSR Mobile
got 120/120 in coursework so only need 60 marks for an a*- haven't done any revision though :frown: my music teacher thinks yiri and moby will be missed out this year. praying for glory of the lord as section b
Reply 169
Original post by nicolxkub
Yeah, let's all hope that edexcel take it easy with our year

Posted from TSR Mobile

They better do! I doubt it though, all exams are hard this year! Has anyone tried one of those comparison type questions? Do you think it's likely?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kxjzh
Who's ready to fail tomorrow then! My music teacher said we can email her with any questions...can I email her having a mental breakdown?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lool
Original post by Gymnast7
Prediction:
(disclaimer: this could be completely wrong; make sure you revise everything, but I wanted to have a go at predicting to see how close I was!)

1. Handel
2. Chopin
3. Schoenberg
4. Reich
5. Davis
6. Buckley
7. Capercaille
8. Rag Desh

9. Mozart
10. Koko

For the listening section, your predictions are literally identical to mine!
Spending the next hour revising and then in school tomorrow between the biology and music exam
samee

Original post by zeldor711
Spending the next hour revising and then in school tomorrow between the biology and music exam
Reply 174
Original post by zeldor711

Luckily I don't have an exam in the morning so will revise all morning!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kxjzh
Luckily I don't have an exam in the morning so will revise all morning!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow, you're so lucky! I have 4 exams today so I literally have no revision time in between :s-smilie:
Reply 176
Original post by Macaronat
Wow, you're so lucky! I have 4 exams today so I literally have no revision time in between :s-smilie:

Aww! I've got until about 11:15 to revise so I'm making the most of it! Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
The day has finally come... Good luck everyone 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gymnast7
Prediction:

1. Handel
2. Chopin
3. Schoenberg
4. Reich
5. Davis
6. Buckley
7. Capercaille
8. Rag Desh

9. Mozart
10. Koko

The won't give Mozart for essay, it came up in 2013, it will be Hundel and Capercaille because otherwise next year people will know that it's those two and will revise only for those
Original post by Ministralia
The won't give Mozart for essay, it came up in 2013, it will be Hundel and Capercaille because otherwise next year people will know that it's those two and will revise only for those

Definitely at least one of the essay questions will be capercaillie or Handel. Also Schoenberg and all blues will most likely not come up since they were last years

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply