The Student Room Group

AQA AS Politics GovP2 09/06/16 Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

I need an A so bad!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Warriner4
I need an A so bad!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wanted an A but the hope of it became a distant memory from the moment I opened the politics paper... xD
Reply 242
Oh yess haha, I was worried..

What did you write in the 25 marker- I think that went a little bad as I only mentioned how House of Lords do their role in government- so like legislation, legitmisation etc and how the chamber isnt elected- so it's not legitimate...I didn't give a disadvantage of the reforms which is annoying me now haha.. I hope I get marks for what I did

Well you got the some important functions part right… their experience and knowledge gives them legitimacy to scrutinize the government. Reforms since 1999 which didn't completely remove hereditary peers and only improved social rep a little, limited by 1911&1949 act of parliament hence only some important functions because they're limited, radical reforms suggested by Lib dems to completely elect them with some taking the view of it being abolished… what other topic did you choose?
Original post by zayn008
Well you got the some important functions part right… their experience and knowledge gives them legitimacy to scrutinize the government. Reforms since 1999 which didn't completely remove hereditary peers and only improved social rep a little, limited by 1911&1949 act of parliament hence only some important functions because they're limited, radical reforms suggested by Lib dems to completely elect them with some taking the view of it being abolished… what other topic did you choose?

I did constitution

I think the 10 marker was a little bit just me writing what I thought was was okay haha

25 marker was good!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
it was a weird paper. did core exec and parliament. the constition question made me want to cry :'(. however overall it was quite good. the 5 and 10 markers were harder than the essay, what sense!!
Grade boundaries:

A: 60
b: 56
c: 51
Original post by govandpolitics
Grade boundaries:

are you sure?
Original post by connormc199
are you sure?

yep, easy paper
yep, easy paper

honestly I dunno if I found it either particularly hard or particularly easy so...
honestly I dunno if I found it either particularly hard or particularly easy so...

if you look at the 2015 paper this was a lot easier.
I actually thought it was a lot easier than yesterdays paper!
I actually thought it was a lot easier than yesterdays paper!

what do you think the grade boundaries will be?
what do you think the grade boundaries will be?

a: 58
b: 54
c: 50/49
did you guys find it hard?
I thought the core executive 25 marker (is power of the pm limited under coalition) to be quite difficult to argue both sides, is there any links to any sample answers?
Reply 255
Grade boundaries:

Really?… on what basis because it clearly isn't a pattern basis.

A - 55/56
B - 49/50
C - 41+

That's much more likely considering its in line with almost every other year.
Reply 256
did you guys find it hard?
I thought the core executive 25 marker (is power of the pm limited under coalition) to be quite difficult to argue both sides, is there any links to any sample answers?

This one was quite hard but what it was asking is how is the prime minister constrained under a coalition AND is this limited to just a coalition, arguing that the limitations of a coalition could also apply to a majority government was the key to the question I believe
Original post by zayn008
Really?… on what basis because it clearly isn't a pattern basis.

A - 55/56
B - 49/50
C - 41+

That's much more likely considering its in line with almost every other year.

it was an easy paper, especially the 25 markers.
it was an easy paper, especially the 25 markers.

It was easy but I don't think the grade boundaries will move up because a lot of people found it hard

Posted from TSR Mobile
It was easy but I don't think the grade boundaries will move up because a lot of people found it hard

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending