The Student Room Group

Gcse aqa biology unit 2 higher

Scroll to see replies

Original post by *JustARandomGuy*
Me and my friends all got Meiosis. But who knows...

Maybe I read the question wrong... if it asked how the embryo divides, it's defo mitosis. If it was meiosis, each new cell would have 23 chromosomes which would make like ..... a sperm baby... or something O.O''''''
Reply 21
For someone who really isn't good at Science, I feel it went alright. For the Plantains one I got for a disadvantage - the process isn't as quick as the large hearing machine. That sound okay?
Probably going to be around 45 marks for an A*
I put 1 minute but everyone else but 1.5
Original post by jackbell
For someone who really isn't good at Science, I feel it went alright. For the Plantains one I got for a disadvantage - the process isn't as quick as the large hearing machine. That sound okay?

Is this the catalyst question or plantains? :s-smilie:
Original post by Charlieskye

It was because some people stopped counting where the line stopped curving upwards - where it went completely flat at the top. Others, like me, stopped counting when the line turned downwards. Not sure which is right. Didn't know what the flat bit at the top was supposed to represent LMAO.

I thought it was 2 minutes because the first 30 seconds the blood flow was constant because muscles didn't need the extra oxygen because they were fine aerobically respiring, and then the next 1.5 minutes of the graph rising as blood flow increased due to prolonged exercise.

i put 1.5 bcoz he had peaked his blood flow
Reply 28
Original post by Dr Carlsberg
I thought it was 2 minutes because the first 30 seconds the blood flow was constant because muscles didn't need the extra oxygen because they were fine aerobically respiring, and then the next 1.5 minutes of the graph rising as blood flow increased due to prolonged exercise.

I thought exactly this aswell...
Original post by Adamtoo
For Anaerobic respiration, is it fine that I said it's the incomplete breakdown of glucose to release energy. Forgot to mention that it doesn't use oxygen :/

I did the opposite to you. I only mentioned it doesn't use oxygen. Will I get the mark still?
Reply 30
Original post by Cookies15
How many minutes was the athlete exercising for...? And was it meiosis or mitosis?

I put 1.5 minutes as it levelled off so I assume that the athlete was just paying back oxygen debt and I'm pretty sure it was mitosis as it said a fertilised egg cell.
Reply 31
Original post by mariah2011
I did the opposite to you. I only mentioned it doesn't use oxygen. Will I get the mark still?

Yeah defo
Original post by mariah2011

I think oxygen being mentioned was the key there, so yes, probably you would get the mark
Reply 33
Original post by *JustARandomGuy*
I put 1 min running and it was Meiosis.

It was mitosis because it asks what happens when the egg is fertilised to become a embryo, it produces lots of identical cells
Reply 34
Original post by lilsadkitty
i thought the first thing i was organs so i wrote testes why is everyone saying meiosis

Posted from TSR Mobile

They are talking about a different question. Where the cells were produced was the testes. How they were produced was meiosis.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4155717
Reply 35
Original post by Cookies15
How many minutes was the athlete exercising for...? And was it meiosis or mitosis?

1.5 and mitosis??
all t ske was what does anaerobic mean so all you needed to but was without oxygen no reference to reparation

Yes I put 1 minute too. I think it's 1 minute because he doesn't actually run home again.
Reply 38
Original post by Anygy
I got so confused over the plantains questions, probably from all the math yesterday :colondollar: Did anyone get a disadvantage for the catalase one? I wrote that the enzyme could be expensive to produce :s-smilie:

It said hydrogen peroxide doesn't kill every bacteria
Reply 39
For the 4 marker about how the heart rate or something like that helps the athlete during the run, I talked about how more blood is able to reach the muscles, more oxygen is able to reach along with glucose which will give energy to them. Also lactic acid being removed so the muscles can contract? Idk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending