The Student Room Group

Chemistry ocr gateway gcse tomorrow

Any predictions how is everyone revising and r u confident

Scroll to see replies

I'm just doing past papers now, I've made little summaries of each page in the revision guide. I'm fairly confident but you never really know what's going to be in the exam. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by hereiseverything
I'm just doing past papers now, I've made little summaries of each page in the revision guide. I'm fairly confident but you never really know whats going to happen

Posted from TSR
I made flashcards ages ago so im just gonna read them now and also i just finished the 2015 paper so i need to go over C3 the most some weak spots there:h:
(edited 7 years ago)
Anyone know how to get Chemistry C1,2,3 past papers OCR gateway? You have to have a login which obviously i don't have?! ANYONE???!!!!
Reply 4
Original post by lauren.oseni
Anyone know how to get Chemistry C1,2,3 past papers OCR gateway? You have to have a login which obviously i don't have?! ANYONE???!!!!

U have to log in for 2015 my teacher got/printed me the 2015 paper sorry

Other are here
http://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications/gcse-gateway-science-suite-chemistry-b-j264-from-2012/
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm just praying that it's easy!
Reply 6
Original post by U-GradeStudent
I'm just praying that it's easy!

Same ive nade predictions for c1 tho after doing all c1 sections from past papers will be doing c2 and 3 predictions soon:biggrin:
Reply 7
C1- POTENTIAL QUESTIONS

Cataltyic converter 6mark??

Making polymers 6mark!! They have repeated designing polymers 4 years straight

Hydrocarbons always like 2 marks or 1 marks suprisingly might not come they always repeat this

Fractional distillation

Smells

Paints
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm more confident for this one than c4,5,6 but I'm rubbish at chemistry (and physics) so I hope it goes ok.
Reply 9
Original post by GoodGirlFaith
I'm more confident for this one than c4,5,6 but I'm rubbish at chemistry (and physics) so I hope it goes ok.

Good luck
How was that test ?

I think i did bad tbh some questions were good others were bad. Propably got a B and i want an A*:frown: how much all togther both papers and coursework do y need for an A* or A
any answers guys????

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mxskaan
any answers guys????

Posted from TSR Mobile

What did you get for the specific heat capacity question?
1) the one with a double bond and only carbon and nitrogen atoms i think it was C cant remember
b) A and F (C4 H10)
c) C8 H??
d)two brackets, n out side, no double bond displayed formula

2)esterd have an oxygen atom
b) i guessed 177 degrees idk
c) guessed and sed suitable solvent cause high boiling point means it can evaporate??etc

3)incomplete would be CH4 + O2 ----> C + 2H2O

4) Carbon cycle 6 mark

- CO2 doesnt change much cause its recycled in the carbom cycle so even though plants take it in when they did etc it is released
-burning fossil fuels releases it back
-population increase will have negative effect and inceease the pollutants
-more cars so more carbon dioxide myb and nitrogen
-deforestation for land to grow crops
-ozond layer destroyed green house effect
-more burning of fossil fuels
-more use of aerosols
-more acid rain??

5)Gortex has a membrane with small holes that allows water vapour to escape but too small to let water in. It allows perspiration

b)Gortex is more comfortable

6) oil based paint dries because solvent evaporatesm oil binding medium oxidies to forn hard film/layer
b) in colloid pigment is dispered throughouy mixture but pigmentt/solid particles are too small to dissolve /seperate.??
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by robyn2000
What did you get for the specific heat capacity question?

32000J and 79 degrees
Original post by mxskaan
32000J and 79 degrees

Me too.
Original post by Wolfram Alpha
Me too.

What did you get for the rates of reaction questions (reading off the graph)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dr
What did you get for the rates of reaction questions (reading off the graph)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I.46?
Reply 18
Original post by ellamoon_22
1) the one with a double bond and only carbon and nitrogen atoms i think it was C cant remember
b) A and F (C4 H10)
c) C8 H??
d)two brackets, n out side, no double bond displayed formula

2)esterd have an oxygen atom
b) i guessed 177 degrees idk
c) guessed and sed suitable solvent cause high boiling point means it can evaporate??etc

3)incomplete would be CH4 + O2 ----> C + 2H2O

4) Carbon cycle 6 mark

- CO2 doesnt change much cause its recycled in the carbom cycle so even though plants take it in when they did etc it is released
-burning fossil fuels releases it back
-population increase will have negative effect and inceease the pollutants
-more cars so more carbon dioxide myb and nitrogen
-deforestation for land to grow crops
-ozond layer destroyed green house effect
-more burning of fossil fuels
-more use of aerosols
-more acid rain??

5)Gortex has a membrane with small holes that allows water vapour to escape but too small to let water in. It allows perspiration

b)Gortex is more comfortable

6) oil based paint dries because solvent evaporatesm oil binding medium oxidies to forn hard film/layer
b) in colloid pigment is dispered throughouy mixture but pigmentt/solid particles are too small to dissolve /seperate.??

Got the incomplete combustion wrong I think buddy, forgot to include carbon monoxide and carbon
&
I talked about emulsifiers for that colloid the only thing I could think of for something that stops oil and water seperating out..
Original post by rahah7
Got the incomplete combustion wrong I think buddy, forgot to include carbon monoxide and carbon
&
I talked about emulsifiers for that colloid the only thing I could think of for something that stops oil and water seperating out..

The carbon is there

They may allow both equations in the markscheme
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending