The Student Room Group

Additional Science GCSE- Possible B for foundation?

I did higher core and I think i've got around a B and my coursework was an A*.
For additional I was submitted for foundation and I was wondering if its possible to get higher than a C because my coursework was an A. I know the limit on a paper is a C which is what i'm expecting to get but does my coursework grade push my overall grade up? Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by KatPad
I did higher core and I think i've got around a B and my coursework was an A*.
For additional I was submitted for foundation and I was wondering if its possible to get higher than a C because my coursework was an A. I know the limit on a paper is a C which is what i'm expecting to get but does my coursework grade push my overall grade up? Thanks!

All depends how far you are into the grade boundaries for each grade, if you need 30 for a B and you have 28/29 you may even scrape a A but this depends on how high ISA is. But it's definitely possible
Reply 2
Original post by Blahblahblah7
All depends how far you are into the grade boundaries for each grade, if you need 30 for a B and you have 28/29 you may even scrape a A but this depends on how high ISA is. But it's definitely possible

Great, thankyou! I'm not sure what the grade boundaries are tbh, they only seem to list the scores for the papers.
It's possible to get a B on the foundation paper but you need pratically full marks
You can get a max of a B. I got full marks on them last year when I was wrongly put in for foundation with an A* coursework and I got a secure B so yeah it's doable.
course you can cuz you hav an A in your coursework you just need to make sure you get your C's in ur exams
Reply 6
Original post by TurdBurglar
You can get a max of a B. I got full marks on them last year when I was wrongly put in for foundation with an A* coursework and I got a secure B so yeah it's doable.

Damn, sorry that happened to you! That sounds like the most likely outcome for me. Cheers :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest