The Student Room Group

If you had £5k spare, what would you do with it?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Katty3
really don't give two hoots about stealing your money. Tax isn't stealing. We live in one society. The wealthy should not have a get out clause from contributing their fair share. They are the thieves. Not the poor wanting public services.

I suspect the poor benefit a lot more from living in a society with rich people in it than the rich benefit from living in a society with poor people in it, even aside from donations by the rich to the poor. Most of the wealth in society doesn't come from manual labour, it comes from the complex higher level organisation of the society. This is how people with no skills are able to immigrate from foreign countries that lack this complex higher level organisation, and immediately earn considerably more than they could at home. This complex organisation of society is almost entirely provided by rich people.
Either pay off the car loan, or pay off some of my mortgage. I might just put it into my "oh 'pants' I can't pay my mortgage" account, which is growing, but I don't dare pay off my mortgage because I like having a decent buffer of cash.
Original post by fr0sr_
As title says, what would you do with a spare £5k?

https://www.audeze.com/products/lcd-collection

with one of these

http://www.earyoshino.com/products/

:biggrin:
keep it and put it in an isa or investmet/ savings account. its better in the long term
Original post by lascelles101
keep it and put it in an isa or investmet/ savings account. its better in the long term

With ISA's giving a mere 4% Interest rate (which is rare), it's barely worth putting it in really.
Original post by KingFTw
i7 6820k OC
4 Titan Z
64 gb RAM
1000GB SSD
6TB HDD
Nice case and fan
3 38" 4k monitors

Anyone else agree? :P

I don't mean to burst your ballon but that looks like way more than 5K
Reply 126
Original post by fr0sr_
As title says, what would you do with a spare £5k?

Knowing me, I'd probably just waste a bunch of it on pointless things from eBay 😂​😂​
Reply 127
Well I recently got 2k from my grandparents and spent it all on clothes, in all I had 3k in the bank which I spent on a day out in oxford street! :P
Original post by tavtavtav
Nah m8.
2 GTX 1080s.
The SLI scaling would be better.

Anyway im suprised that with all this money talk, noone has pointed out that it is impossible to run 4 Titan Z's

Shhhhh what he didn't say was that the 5k was also magic on the downlow
:smile:
Save it.
Travel. Or I would if I had time.
Original post by K3001N
Well I recently got 2k from my grandparents and spent it all on clothes, in all I had 3k in the bank which I spent on a day out in oxford street! :P

What sorta clothes did you get?
That's an expensive day out. :redface:
Reply 132
Original post by fr0sr_
What sorta clothes did you get?
That's an expensive day out. :redface:

I know! I went to Louis Vuitton and bought a jacket and some stuff from dover street market!

Basically just two items :frown:
Put it all on Red at Roulette and then you have 10k.
Original post by K3001N
I know! I went to Louis Vuitton and bought a jacket and some stuff from dover street market!

Basically just two items :frown:

Post pics on the forum! I'd love to see the fit of the jacket.
You into fashion then I assume?
Reply 135
Original post by fr0sr_
Post pics on the forum! I'd love to see the fit of the jacket.
You into fashion then I assume?

Yes! I love my fashion! I haven't worn both yet due to exams etc but this is the jacket I purchased, was rather expensive!

Original post by JamezWebb
Put it all on Red at Roulette and then you have 10k.

You think it'd be that easy to double your money gambling?
Explain (I'm not much of a gambler, hence why I'm asking)
Original post by K3001N
Yes! I love my fashion! I haven't worn both yet due to exams etc but this is the jacket I purchased, was rather expensive!

Looks nice!
Would go really well with most things really.
I know it's worlds apart (cost wise!) but I really like the Alpha Industries MA-1 Flight jackets.
I need to spend more on clothes admittedly.
Original post by fr0sr_
You think it'd be that easy to double your money gambling?
Explain (I'm not much of a gambler, hence why I'm asking)

50/50 whether it lands on red or black. Or put it on Trap 4 at Monmore in the 16:08 race.
Original post by JamezWebb
50/50 whether it lands on red or black. Or put it on Trap 4 at Monmore in the 16:08 race.

Is it really as simple as that on roulette?
IK there's the wheel bit and I would assume thats what you're betting on, either black or red.
But on the table, is that merely where people sit to place their chips in to bet? Or is there some card element to it?

(I feel as if all my movie-viewing lack of knowledge has meant that all sorts of gambling have merged into one.. lmao)

Quick Reply

Latest