How did everyone find it?

Narrative meant telling the whole story lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by upetro1
Narrative meant telling the whole story lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh i did the representation question
Reply 43
Didn't like the questions at first :/ but wasn't too bad. I really wanted a genre question, but managed to fit a lot of genre into the representation question anyway so :P

I did:
A1 - TV (In The Flesh, The Tunnel, Some Girls) - pretty good
B1 - Film (Shame, Suicide Room, Avatar) - really wish I'd revised advertising for this question but completely forgot!! :']
B3 - Gaming (The Last of Us, Minecraft, LittleBigPlanet) - not so sure about this one... didn't know whether to do Newspapers or Gaming but decided on Gaming
what were all the questions ?
Reply 45
Original post by FlamengoMax
what were all the questions ?

A1 was something like:
'Media representations are often simplistic.'
Discuss in reference to the representation of people in your main three texts.

B1 was something like:
Explore the audience positioning in your three main texts.

B3 was something like:
Discuss the key aspects that influence the production of your three main texts.

Can't remember the others c:
Original post by Dhanihk
Didn't like the questions at first :/ but wasn't too bad. I really wanted a genre question, but managed to fit a lot of genre into the representation question anyway so :P

I did:
A1 - TV (In The Flesh, The Tunnel, Some Girls) - pretty good
B1 - Film (Shame, Suicide Room, Avatar) - really wish I'd revised advertising for this question but completely forgot!! :']
B3 - Gaming (The Last of Us, Minecraft, LittleBigPlanet) - not so sure about this one... didn't know whether to do Newspapers or Gaming but decided on Gaming

I did:
A1- TV (Peaky Blinders, American Horror Story & Quantico)
B1- Advertising (Lynx Apollo, Compare the Meerkat & Always: #LikeAGirl)
B2- Film (Gravity, Starred Up & You're Next)
😅
Reply 47
Original post by SuzzyParla
I did:
A1- TV (Peaky Blinders, American Horror Story & Quantico)
B1- Advertising (Lynx Apollo, Compare the Meerkat & Always: #LikeAGirl)
B2- Film (Gravity, Starred Up & You're Next)
😅

Cool! Wish I'd done advertising for B1... what was the B2 question again?

As long as I get 65/90 I'm happy 😁
Original post by Dhanihk

B2 was the regulation question
Reply 49
B2 was the regulation question

Ah okay, my teacher couldn't been bothered to teach my class that haha
Original post by Dhanihk
Ah okay, my teacher couldn't been bothered to teach my class that haha

Oh no! Other teachers in my sixth form couldn't be bothered either :/
Original post by Dhanihk

What is the grade equivalent to 65/90?? :s-smilie:
Reply 52
Original post by Pippa_neal
What is the grade equivalent to 65/90?? :s-smilie:

Not sure, but I'm pretty sure that's what I need to get the overall grade I want c:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 53
I did A1 'Media representations of people are often simplistic' for; Film - Gravity, I am Legend, Kingsman: Secret Service
B2: Regulation - Newspapers, (Charlie Hebdo, News of the World phone hacking scandal/levenson enquiry/Milly Dowler, and The Sun)
and B3, TV, for key features that influence production of text. (Genre, audience targetting, purpose of show etc.) - CSI, Dr Who and Crimewatch.

I thought the paper was actually pretty tough/harsh, but whatever. Answered everything anyway! Which is a good start.. :tongue:
Original post by Libbysf
I did A1 'Media representations of people are often simplistic' for; Film - Gravity, I am Legend, Kingsman: Secret Service
B2: Regulation - Newspapers, (Charlie Hebdo, News of the World phone hacking scandal/levenson enquiry/Milly Dowler, and The Sun)
and B3, TV, for key features that influence production of text. (Genre, audience targetting, purpose of show etc.) - CSI, Dr Who and Crimewatch.

I thought the paper was actually pretty tough/harsh, but whatever. Answered everything anyway! Which is a good start.. :tongue:

Ooh. You did Gravity too😊.

Yeah, I opened the paper staring at the questions like 'wth'. But once I started, it wasn't too bad.

Overall, I wouldn't say the paper was easy... but it was an accessible paper😊
Reply 55
Yeah, I opened the paper staring at the questions like 'wth'. But once I started, it wasn't too bad.
Haha same... I took a good five minutes out of my time just staring at the questions and regretting everything I forgot to revise...

Original post by Libbysf

I'm not sure if I answered this question how they wanted... I did gaming and wrote about budget, production team size, workplace factors, actor influence, type of entertainment etc. :s-smilie:
Can someone explain what the question on influencing production was asking? Or what you think you should have been included in the answer? (I think it was B3)
We hadn't learnt anything about it so I don't really have any idea if my answer was right or not :s-smilie:
Reply 57
I loved loved loved the paper!!
my chosen texts were : film: skyfall, django unchained and spiderman.
TV: super sunday football, luther and Im a celebrity get me out of here
Newspapers: (judging from comments no one has done newspaper!!!): The sun, The daily Mail, the oldham evening chronicle.
I did narrative for section A
and Newspaper for the regulation question, its so easy because you can talk about the leveson enquiry and the closure of the PCC and formation of IPSO etc etc..
and I did audience responses for TV
all my favourite topics came up and i think i smashed it :PPP
Reply 58
Original post by Libbysf

/QUOTE]

youre the only person ive seen on here thats done newspaper. I did it too. Did you talk about the PCC/ipso and being a free press and newspapers being partially self regulated? My teacher was so good gave us what felt like too much information but it all came in handy.
Reply 59
[QUOTE="ra55;65655221"]
Original post by Libbysf

/QUOTE]

youre the only person ive seen on here thats done newspaper. I did it too. Did you talk about the PCC/ipso and being a free press and newspapers being partially self regulated? My teacher was so good gave us what felt like too much information but it all came in handy.

Hell yeah! IPSO is so important because its independent regulation, which isnt even compulsory! Hence why it wouod affect regulation big time! It was a lot of info when we were taught it, but I think it goes without saying, its all essentially law/who controls the press.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending