The Student Room Group

HIS3G -- British State and People, 1865-1915 AQA A2 June 2016

Hey everyone,

Is anyone else actually doing this topic? There's hardly any threads about this topic on here, so I figured we could do with a thread for this exam season :smile:

So, (if anyone's actually studying HIS3G) how's everyone's revision going?

Scroll to see replies

I am doing this exam and I am dreading it! I just can't seem to predict what is going to come up.
Reply 2
Original post by Aysha Ahmed
I am doing this exam and I am dreading it! I just can't seem to predict what is going to come up.

Ireland's definitely coming up I think since it didn't last year, and I hope the question's on Land or violence in Ireland.

Personally as well, I'm hoping for a question on post-splendid isolation stuff.
Economy hasnt been brought up for a while so i really hope there's a question on that!!
my teacher reckons changing nature of Liberalism, and electoral policy
The predictions we were given were:
Ireland, 68-14
Disraeli foreign policy
Isolation/Empire/Unionist foreign policy
New Liberalism, 06-15/democracy
Reply 6
hey guys!! lets all have a wicked time on Friday yay!! good luck peeps, :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:, I really hope Liberalism comes up because I think I good at that guys, but we cant hope in this day and age can we yalll!!! but OTTOnique wishes all the best guys, hit me up[ with some questions on 07885616402 xxx kisses to all ly guys, keep posting lol wtf :wink:
Praying for Splendid isolation, Disrael's second ministry or parliamentary democracy.

The economy can bugger off.
Reply 8
does anything on liberal imperialism, the rise and emergence of the labour party and the challenges posed by germany,russia and the boers?
if anyone has any material could i have it please?
thanks!!!
Reply 9
Dream topics for Friday, for me, would be:
Eastern Crisis
Land and Ireland
New Liberalism

I'm not bad with the later course content surrounding WW1, and I've practiced questions about the Eastern Crisis over the year, so fingers crossed :smile:

Nightmare would be the Depression- nobody can write 2 1/2 - 3 sides about that without padding it out...
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 10
Predictions we got told were:
Ireland (defo coming up as there wasn't anything last year!)
Splendid isolation
Ww1
Liberals 1865-1915

Will be avoiding any questions about the economy- most pointless part of the course
Reply 11
Original post by Gregrock98
Do you think Ireland will be set across the whole period, or say from 1868-86?

I'd prefer it to be a breadth question, but if it has to be a focus question then I wouldn't mind 1868-86 or maybe 86 onwards.
Reply 12
Original post by mollyp1
Predictions we got told were:
Ireland (defo coming up as there wasn't anything last year!)
Splendid isolation
Ww1
Liberals 1865-1915

Will be avoiding any questions about the economy- most pointless part of the course

A question about WWI would be lovely if it's about the events leading up to it, e.g the Balkan Wars and Morocco/Agadir.
Original post by lappy482
A question about WWI would be lovely if it's about the events leading up to it, e.g the Balkan Wars and Morocco/Agadir.

Question on Ireland is pretty much nailed on, other 2 could be any but just praying Economy doesn't come up
How did you all find the exam? I was so happy with the first two questions!
What did you argue for the first two qd?
Reply 16
Original post by jwifiuhrkoa
What did you argue for the first two qd?

Hey,

First question, I argued that Gladstone wasn't particularly successful in the short-term in pacifying Ireland, but he did set a precedent for governments to get involved with the Irish.

Second question, I argued that even though the reforms might've been motivated by national efficiency and self-help, they laid down the basis of the welfare state and ensured the ideas of laissez faire government were done away with.
Reply 17
How did everyone find the exam? And what questions did you do? I did questions 2 and 3.
Original post by PLJohn
How did everyone find the exam? And what questions did you do? I did questions 2 and 3.

I did question 3 too but most people from my school avoided it. I also did question 1, that was defo my stronger answer.
I think the questions were fair but the time frames were awkward.
Reply 19
Original post by hannah.m124
I did question 3 too but most people from my school avoided it. I also did question 1, that was defo my stronger answer.
I think the questions were fair but the time frames were awkward.

Yeah, I think it's a general consensus that the Economy is not a good topic. My only issue with time frames was I didn't really know anything for 1896-1901 for the economy other than the Boer War.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending