The Student Room Group

AQA Biology B2 - Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by YAY GCSE
For the what is an enzyme question I was pretty sure these were the marks: it is a protein (1st mark) made of chains of amino acids (2nd mark)...

And that it speeds up a reaction without being used or changed???
Original post by Naco88
I believe it was 2.

I swear it was 1 mark??
Original post by GCSE_core
The only question about the pros and cons was for the hydrogen peroxide one wasn't it?

yepah i think so
Original post by pelaitsc45
For the disadvantage of using the hydrogen peroxide and catalyst would allergies be a valid questions?

I don't think so as the hydrogen peroxide is removed afterwards. I think the answer was that hydrogen peroxide does not kill disease-causing bacteria so such bacteria could still linger in the milk causing harm to those who consume it. I may be wrong however! You may still get the mark (it's only 1 mark so it doesn't really matter!)
omg I'm such an idiot , for the 6 marker, i wrote measure the starting height of pondweed then after a week measure the final height using diff intensities of light, cud that still be right?? thank god b3 was easy , saved my a* grade for biology.
Original post by Redcoats
For advantages and disadvantages of the hydrogen peroxide method, I put it would cause less environmental damage (as the other method worked at 138 degrees) and the disadvantage was that hydrogen peroxide can not kill disease causing bacteria so may not be able to kill some bacteria present in the milk (which are threatening to humans). Is this correct?

I certainly hope so as that's exactly what I wrote.
Original post by Nathyboyyy
The pictograms was easy to work out, no knowledge needed-
Starts at 6.6
Doubles at B to 13.2
Cell splits first time back to 6.6 at C
Splits again to 3.3 at E

Hope that helps

That's what I put, but what was the thing for the egg? I put 6.6 as a guess, not quite sure how we were supposed to know?
I said that you should measure the pondweed's growth when it was in a dark room amd when it wasn't. Such a fool! :colondollar:
Original post by ihatehannah
omg I'm such an idiot , for the 6 marker, i wrote measure the starting height of pondweed then after a week measure the final height using diff intensities of light, cud that still be right?? thank god b3 was easy , saved my a* grade for biology.

did exactly the same, I didn't revise that kind of measuring at all so I was jsut guessing my way through
Reply 129
For the six marker i put the control variables as co2 and temperature of room is that okay?
Original post by Zxe
For the six marker i put the control variables as co2 and temperature of room is that okay?

It is a control variable, but not one that you can control very easily so I was unsure.
this is so sloooooooooooooww
Worst Case; 33
Best Case;47
Most Likely; 41
Has anyone managed to complete a mark scheme?
Original post by Naco88
I got that the athlete ran for 1.5 minutes.

wasnt it supposed to be 1 min? since the heart rate stays high for a bit after u exercise, before it decreases?
Original post by Edgerulezs
Lol I got 1min for how long he was running cause it levelled off...

That's what i did aswell. I put 1.5 first then crossed it out...🙄
I didn't see any ginger 1/4 question????

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah you forgot to convert the cm to m by dividing by 100. If 62.5 was for 20 then 1 would be something way smaller, not larger.
Happens :/
Okay thanks! I was just checking as someone had the advantages and disadvantages of enzymes as one question and then the advantages and disadvantages of hydrogen peroxide as another one?
Original post by goldenusername
yepah i think so
Original post by Oasis61
I didn't see any ginger 1/4 question????

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nor me? Wasn't it the chance of getting polydactylly which I got 25%

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending