The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi , I know the psych 3 exam is gone but if you could answer this i would be very grateful. This explanation plural thing has caused a lot of confusion, if lets say you talked about 1 explanation but your evaluation was detailed does this hinder the amount of marks you can get for just the 16 marks of evaluation?
Reply 4361
Original post by K3lvin
Hi , I know the psych 3 exam is gone but if you could answer this i would be very grateful. This explanation plural thing has caused a lot of confusion, if lets say you talked about 1 explanation but your evaluation was detailed does this hinder the amount of marks you can get for just the 16 marks of evaluation?

Yes, as long as the evaluation was on 2 topics... Otherwise you are limited to 10 marks.
Does anyone know what loopa have predicted for depression and anomalistic?
hi does anyone have any notes on the three models in addiction(bio,learning and cog) :frown:
Help!! FOR ADDICTION -RISK FACTORS DO WE NEED TO KNO ABOUT GAMBLING AND SMOKING STUDIES FOR RISK FACTORS OR CAN THEY BE GENERIC?? IN THE SPEC IT DOESNT ACC SAY TO SMOKING OR GAMBLING SO IM REALLY CONFUSED LIKE WHAT IF WE GOT A Q SAYING EVALUATE RISK FACTORS IN GAMBLING?? IN MA BOOK IT ONLY TALKS ABOUT SMOKING😢😢😢😢 WOULD I NOT BE ABLE TO USE SMOKING STUDIES FOR GAMBLING????
Original post by evekay
seriously considering buying loopa's media book today and learning them instead of addiction... advice??

IMO you could do it. I've basically forgotten everything so will be relearning it haha. Why don't you want to do addiction?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4366
Original post by Cakey_101
Anyone have a model essay for 'Discuss one or more explanations for the effectiveness of television in persuasion'?

It's not really an essay... A question like that is mostly application..
Original post by NHM
It's not really an essay... A question like that is mostly application..

Really? So then would you include explanations such as the cultivation theory, Hovland-yale model and Elaboration likelihood model?
Original post by Oiseaux
IMO you could do it. I've basically forgotten everything so will be relearning it haha. Why don't you want to do addiction?

Posted from TSR Mobile

it is the longest most complicated topic and apparently the hardest and i don't know any of it and it's pretty much impossible to learn it all to a good standard in the time i have, but i've started it now so i'm just going for it haha. i dont wanna risk doing media as i looked at the spec and it's even more alien to me than addiction :tongue:
Original post by Ladymusiclover
Do we need to know about concurrent, face and construct validity for research methods?

Yes
And the definition of validity.

For the June 2014 paper.
What is meant by validity?
How could the psychologist measure the validity of the questionnaire?

Jan 2013.
What is meant by internal validity?

I think they might ask it as they didn't last year.
Reply 4370
Really? So then would you include explanations such as the cultivation theory, Hovland-yale model and Elaboration likelihood model?

My bad I read your thing wrong.. I honestly I have no idea haha!
Original post by Alisahussain1
i have a feeling psychological therapies will come up for schizophrenia

Same! I really hope this one or classifying and diagnosing comes up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elle_w
Same! I really hope this one or classifying and diagnosing comes up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

yesss me too!!
how is everyone revising for addiction?
Anyone have a model essay for 'Discuss one or more explanations for the effectiveness of television in persuasion'?

JAN 2011

A01 - 4 marks Candidates who do this could offer an explanation such as uses and gratifications theory, cultivation theory, social learning theory. It is also likely that candidates will outline the Hovland-Yale model of persuasion or the elaboration likelihood model.

A02- 8 marks
Evaluation will depend on the explanation(s) outlined for AO1 marks. Evaluation can take the form of studies which relate to particular explanation; methodological/ ethical criticisms of studies; contrast/comparison of one explanation with another. Examiners should be prepared to credit any material which specifically evaluates explanations for the effectiveness of television in persuasion.
Original post by Georginarosee
JAN 2011

A01 - 4 marks Candidates who do this could offer an explanation such as uses and gratifications theory, cultivation theory, social learning theory. It is also likely that candidates will outline the Hovland-Yale model of persuasion or the elaboration likelihood model.

A02- 8 marks
Evaluation will depend on the explanation(s) outlined for AO1 marks. Evaluation can take the form of studies which relate to particular explanation; methodological/ ethical criticisms of studies; contrast/comparison of one explanation with another. Examiners should be prepared to credit any material which specifically evaluates explanations for the effectiveness of television in persuasion.

Yay! Thank you for that!
Reply 4376
Does anyone have an essay or essay plan for classification and diagnosis of schizophrenia? I'm really struggling with this, I find it the hardest out of all essays. Please help!
Original post by NHM
Yes, as long as the evaluation was on 2 topics... Otherwise you are limited to 10 marks.

I wrote this as a01 please tell me this is fine

Evolutionists argue that the reproductive challenges faced by our ancestors can explain aggressive behavior seen in people today. A male can never be certain unless they are the father of their wife's children unless they prevent her from having other sexual relationships with other males. This can explain why male sexual jealousy is often cited as a cause for domestic violence.

One aspect of the evolutionary explanation for human aggression is sexual jealousy and infidelity. Daly and Wilson argued that males have evolved several strategies to deter a female from committing from infidelity which ranges from vigilance(watching their every move) to violence. This is all attributed to male sexual jealousy stemming from paternal uncertainty.
Original post by Alisahussain1
i have a feeling psychological therapies will come up for schizophrenia

Yeah same because it hasn't come up ever

You can say how they'd use the ELM to make persuasion more likely mentioning things like confident speakers, attractive actors (H-Y model) or focusing on facts and features when targeting a knowledgeable audience, making the conveyed message personally relevant (ELM), etc.

You can cite evidence to illustrate what can be effective, for example "a study found that alcoholics were more receptive to anti-drinking ads with celebrities than with facts of the harmful effects of alcoholism. Therefore an anti-drinking ad should use celebrities to convey the factual information as the message becomes more personally relevant with the use of famous individuals they know and like, making persuasion more likely as a result."

Or using the H-Y model you could mention how a study found that the use of moderate fear was more effective at persuading people. Anti-drinking campaigns can therefore arouse fear by using graphic images to depict the harmful effects of too much drinking.

Hopefully this answers your question! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending