The Student Room Group

A2 HIST3D British Monarchy and Crisis of State Predictions?

Hey everyone, haven't been able to find a single thread for British Monarchy regarding predictions for tomorrows exam any feedback about how you feel or what you're expecting would be great! I'm feeling extremely nervous so some predictions about what might come up would be perfect! :smile:

Cromwell and the Interregnum will most probably always come up am I right? A Exclusion Crises might come up too?
Reply 1
I'm thinking Exclusion and Search For A Settlement!
Reply 2
Original post by bbyboy
I'm thinking Exclusion and Search For A Settlement!

Thanks, yeah thats extremely probable. Good luck tomorrow!
Reply 3
Thanks very much, you too! Hopefully James won't come up haha, I haven't revised him at all! :redface:
I'm thinking (and hoping) Interregnum! Good luck :smile:
How did everyone find it?
Reply 6
Original post by MelissaaC
How did everyone find it?

Actually found it alright! Not too confident but i answered questions 2&3. I initially wanted to answer question 1 but scrapped it because it was up to 1667. How did you find it?
Original post by vb98
Actually found it alright! Not too confident but i answered questions 2&3. I initially wanted to answer question 1 but scrapped it because it was up to 1667. How did you find it?

It was alright!! Did the same as you!! just checking did the synoptic question start from 1644? or 46?? Slightly worried I got the wrong date now, thought it started in 1646?
Reply 8
Original post by MelissaaC
It was alright!! Did the same as you!! just checking did the synoptic question start from 1644? or 46?? Slightly worried I got the wrong date now, thought it started in 1646?

If I remember correctly it was 1646-1688, so you're correct! Don't worry. :biggrin:
Reply 9
What did everyone put in their questions?
I did one and two, wasnt feeling the religion and politics 😂. Around how many pages per question?
Reply 10
Original post by Abbey15
I did one and two, wasnt feeling the religion and politics 😂. Around how many pages per question?

For question 1, what did you mention? I spoke about the restoration settlement etc but wasn't too sure.
Reply 11
Original post by Bm18
For question 1, what did you mention? I spoke about the restoration settlement etc but wasn't too sure.

Honestly i wrote anything i would think of, hopefully it was all in the dates

Land problem-sucessful
Disbanding NMA-sucessful
Indemnity/recides-sucessful
Opposition, venners rising and Northern plot-sucessful
Religon/clarendon codes-unsucessful
Finance-unsucessful
Revoking declaration of indulgence-unsucessful
Then i linked it all saying it was sucessful to some extent but not fully because he didnt want to push parliament too much because "he didnt want to go on his travells again" etc and said it was a long term sucess for charles because the resoration survived and led to 2nd stuart absolutism.

Whether thats how they wanted it i dont know but thats what i could think of at silly oclock this morning ahha
What about you?
I literally argued the exact same format as you. The exception being I argued his failure in foreign didn't bring glory to him as a protestant king. And the conclusion, I said his failures in religion and finance carried on for the rest of his reign and linked to the starting of the the Exclusion Crisis.
Reply 13
Ì
Original post by mattjl123
I literally argued the exact same format as you. The exception being I argued his failure in foreign didn't bring glory to him as a protestant king. And the conclusion, I said his failures in religion and finance carried on for the rest of his reign and linked to the starting of the the Exclusion Crisis.

You have just made me very happy!! Hopefully that means we have the right information 😋 did you do q2 or 3?
So strange them putting 2 sections on charles (1 and 2) i think aqa was being sneaky expecting people to speak about James reign on q2😂
Reply 14
Original post by Abbey15

I wrote 2 and a half pages for question 2 and 3 and a half for question 3.. Way too much I know but I tried to add as many facts as I could think of incase some of them were incorrect. Hope they don't get bored reading it and actually read it fully. 😂 How many pages did you write per question?
Original post by Abbey15
Ì

You have just made me very happy!! Hopefully that means we have the right information 😋 did you do q2 or 3?
So strange them putting 2 sections on charles (1 and 2) i think aqa was being sneaky expecting people to speak about James reign on q2😂

yeah literally your format for the first question was scarily identical to mine. I worry whether the focus of the question was on the issues left behind from the Protectorate i.e. religious divisions etc. The financial and religious settlements weren't relevant because they weren't issues in 1660, that they were issues of the Restoration? Don't know whether I'm just being pedantic but hey-ho. I went for Q2, I'd planned for that question so much. Whig radicalism caused Tory reaction; Charles harnessed the Tory reaction to oppose the Whigs plus his own political acts; as well as Scotland and the Succession Act. Worried for Q1 lol
Reply 16
Original post by mattjl123
yeah literally your format for the first question was scarily identical to mine. I worry whether the focus of the question was on the issues left behind from the Protectorate i.e. religious divisions etc. The financial and religious settlements weren't relevant because they weren't issues in 1660, that they were issues of the Restoration? Don't know whether I'm just being pedantic but hey-ho. I went for Q2, I'd planned for that question so much. Whig radicalism caused Tory reaction; Charles harnessed the Tory reaction to oppose the Whigs plus his own political acts; as well as Scotland and the Succession Act. Worried for Q1 lol

Hmm i wouldnt worry too much about i dont think so because it ultimately foccused on charles and the problems of the restoration i imagine if they wanted that itd be "how far was the unresolved issues of the republic sucessfully solved by 1667?" Maybe?

Ah i did question 2 aswell not sure if i messed up i did 2 paragraphs on whig radicalism then one about prerogative power, the fact parliament wasnt unfied, the large torie support base and propaganda, people being scared of another civil war, and that james may not outlive charles and about the protestant sucession at that time being safe. My overriding point was that it failed because charles was playing tactically.
I wrote so much, that wont be all of it but its what i can remember haha 😐 i think i liked the first question most!
Reply 17
Original post by vb98
I wrote 2 and a half pages for question 2 and 3 and a half for question 3.. Way too much I know but I tried to add as many facts as I could think of incase some of them were incorrect. Hope they don't get bored reading it and actually read it fully. 😂 How many pages did you write per question?

3 and a half for q1 and about 5 for q2, my writing is pretty big in exams though from rushing. They bloody better read it all. Havent got a blister on my finger for nothing 😣😣😣
Reply 18
Ohh good. That's reassuring, I did finance & religon as unsuccessful, and then army, indemnity & land as successfull. (Mostly spoke about the restoration settlement as it only said up to 67)
Question 2 was so much better, there was more to write about
Reply 19
Original post by Bm18
Ohh good. That's reassuring, I did finance & religon as unsuccessful, and then army, indemnity & land as successfull. (Mostly spoke about the restoration settlement as it only said up to 67)
Question 2 was so much better, there was more to write about

Sounds like we all put the right stuff in then 😏! Yeah i was trying to picture my time line haha stuck the bit about venner and northern yorkshire in as a gamble which was fine thank god haha!

Yeah i liked q2 i had loads of different reasons so hopefully they are right haha!
Feel confident after speaking to all of you!😋

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending