The Student Room Group

OCR 21st Century Science B4 B5 B6 10th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lsford
I put enzymes but wasn't sure tbh. There were a lot of 1 mark questions in that paper!

yeah same i put functional protein and then (enzymes) in brackets
Original post by NiamhM1801
Argh of course! Although it did say could which implies there might be a few possibilities? I don't know I'm trying to be optimistic here haha

And yeah there were quite a lot weren't there? I liked the baby reflex one and the applications of anaerobic respiration one though

for the anaerobic respiration one i put: in sewage farms to produce methane gas that can be used for fuel in vehicles. is that correct?
Reply 122
Argh of course! Although it did say could which implies there might be a few possibilities? I don't know I'm trying to be optimistic here haha

And yeah there were quite a lot weren't there? I liked the baby reflex one and the applications of anaerobic respiration one though

Yeah really liked those too, thought they were good questions!
Reply 123
Original post by louisemayorx
for the anaerobic respiration one i put: in sweage farms to produce methane gas that can be used for fuel in vehicles. is that correct?

I put to make biogas so yeah i guess so
I did bread as the yeast can ferment to to make it rise, but both should be correct
Original post by MezmorisedPotato
My answer waa it Might get rejected due to different genetic chromosome numbers.

Crap I put they have different blood types and the immune system might reject it lol
Reply 126
Original post by Mr_Elmo
I did bread as the yeast can ferment to to make it rise, but both should be correct

Oh thats a good one!
for the anaerobic respiration one i put: in sewage farms to produce methane gas that can be used for fuel in vehicles. is that correct?

I think you could yeah, but they were probably looking for the word biogas so maybe not. I put about the carbon dioxide released helps bread to rise lmao
Reply 128
Original post by Ella_08
Crap I put they have different blood types and the immune system might reject it lol

How many marks was the question? because you might get a mark for the rejection part if it was a 2 marker
Original post by Mr_Elmo

what was the question? was it about fermentation? i feel like i didn't answer it for some reason :/
Original post by Lsford
How many marks was the question? because you might get a mark for the rejection part if it was a 2 marker

Not sure, I think it was just one mark. Ah well, no biggie
Reply 131
Original post by Ella_08
what was the question? was it about fermentation? i feel like i didn't answer it for some reason :/

Yeast is used to make wine and beer what are microorganisms also used to make. Or something along those lines.
Original post by Lsford
Yeast is used to make wine and beer what are microorganisms also used to make. Or something along those lines.

Damn i didn't even see it! It was just one mark right?
Reply 133
Original post by Ella_08
Damn i didn't even see it! It was just one mark right?

Yeah just one mark but it was like on one page all by itself so I'm not surprised you didn't see it.
Reply 134
So who did people put for the final question? Orla or Amy? (I'm not sure if either of them are even right, but I put Orla first and then crossed it out to put Amy. My gut instinct has always been wrong over the other exams, so now when I think 'hmm maybe I should change that' I just do it! But maybe I was wrong ://)

I put amy too! I swear most of the descriptions were way too similar 🤔
Original post by Ella_08

A tiny little one marker on a page by itself - easy to miss. It was about useful applications of anaerobic respiration I think, I might be wrong though
Original post by Lsford
Yeah just one mark but it was like on one page all by itself so I'm not surprised you didn't see it.

I know??? it doesn't really matter because I think i did ok on the 6 markers
Reply 137
I guessed, said mice have a different number of chromosomes to us so it wouldn't work. I was pretty clueless throughout a lot of the short answer questions tbh

I got so confused with that question for some reason! I put that some groups would find it unethical ?? Oh well
A tiny little one marker on a page by itself - easy to miss. It was about useful applications of anaerobic respiration I think, I might be wrong though

Thanks, it should be alright. If i saw the question i probably wouldn't know the answer anyways lool
What did everyone say about that nucleus question, it was like why is the embryo more likely to get DNA from the original parents? Something like that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending