The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medical School Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Hi just wondering if anyone has received the disclosure forms (PVG) yet? Thinking of phoning them if not received by end of this week.
Not received anything yet either . Would be good to know timescales as I go on holiday at end of next week
Just got an offer from Glasgow! Made my year
Original post by Hussm
Just got an offer from Glasgow! Made my year

Congratulations! See you in September 🎉

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Original post by Julesdel
Not received anything yet either . Would be good to know timescales as I go on holiday at end of next week

I've got emailed back saying they have posted my out yesterday.
Original post by stillsomehope
I've got emailed back saying they have posted my out yesterday.

Thank you
Original post by muz360
Congratulations! See you in September 🎉

Thanks!
just got the paperwork! does anyone know what to do if you're already a PVG member? do you just fill out the second "existing member" form and leave the other one blank?
Reply 1928
Original post by thermometer
just got the paperwork! does anyone know what to do if you're already a PVG member? do you just fill out the second "existing member" form and leave the other one blank?

Just fill out the existing member form and return it to the uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How long does it take to get your ID sent back? As i need my passport to go on holiday with early July.
Original post by ScaredBanana
How long does it take to get your ID sent back? As i need my passport to go on holiday with early July.

hmmm... i didn't send my actual ID, i just sent a photocopy certified by school? Have i done something wrong? :/ it said a certified copy of ID so i took them into school and my Head of Year told me that it just meant a photocopy done by the school and signed or something.
I'm worried i've done it wrong now... :/

Nah don't send your actual passport, just a certified photocopy of the page with your face on it!
Original post by thermometer
Nah don't send your actual passport, just a certified photocopy of the page with your face on it!

What is a certified copy?
What is a certified copy?

you bring a photocopy and the original to someone professional such as a banker, solicitor, school etc and they sign and stamp the photocopy to say it is an accurate representation of the original version i.e. nothings been changed
Whats the likelihood of getting in with A*A*B ??
Whats the likelihood of getting in with A*A*B ??

Ooh that's a toughie. I would call them up but I'm 99 % sure they'll accept it. What subject wss the B in?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Here's the link to the medic group for those who aren't in it: https://www.facebook.com/groups/200044330359018/

Hi. Just wodnering if anyone knows how much free time we would get in University in first year? I heard stories of wroking 8-8 7 days a wekk and a bit nervous. Thank you.
Reply 1938
It says on the guidance notes for the pvg to "include ID for the countersigner to check" I took this to mean that they want an original as the certified copies are only to confirm name dob and address
Reply 1939
Have we to send the certified copies of id and certificates and completed pvg all together?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending