The Student Room Group

AQA psychology B PSYB3/PSYB4 PREDICTIONS!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by gemstone100
I did attachment forensics mood disorders.... my colly found it ok tbh appart from the odd question but still. Im hoping for at least a B too so im hoping it will stay the same 33 for a B

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah we did those topics too. I couldnt really think of evaluation for the forensics essay so is started making **** up about copy cats who copy other peoples crimes and tried to link it but i couldnt think of anything else really! I found the social development essay nice, im so happy there wasnt much on like friendships and later relationships cus i didnt revise that really
Original post by JJ_98
Thanks Im sure you did well too :smile:, ummm i dont really like the debates like the psychology a science debate throws me and those damn statistical tests are a *****! What about you? I have a business exam that day too so Im having to revise for everything in 4 days cus I left it so late

I'm feeling good about unit 4, I have a computing retake on the same day though; which is annoying but hopefully it'll be OK. Mainly focussing on unit 4 as that's the more important one. I need to learn the table of different statistical tests :smile:

Did you guys talk about expressed emotion in the schiz long answer?Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, I wrote about double bind and expressed emotion in the family dysfunction part :smile:
prediction for PSYB4 anyone?
Original post by NThapa
It went better than I thought! But now I'm really worried about high grade boundaries haha. You?

It was okay....I think my schizophrenia essay was a bit bad but other than that I think it was alright. The questions were worded quite weirdly I thought though! Glad it went well for you :smile:
Original post by twigface
Do any of you guys do Stress or Social development??

If so how did you tackle the essay questions? they were very open ended and difficult imo.

Personally, i think i messed up by treating the Ainsworth essay as purely a "Discuss Ainsworth's Strange Situation"!!

Don't worry I did that too! I don't really know what else she did in terms of attachment but I tried to weave in that she was the first person to look at types of attachment instead of just how attachment bonds were important etc...That question was really weird!
Original post by student9977
Don't worry I did that too! I don't really know what else she did in terms of attachment but I tried to weave in that she was the first person to look at types of attachment instead of just how attachment bonds were important etc...That question was really weird!

It was weird, I wrote about how she developed the strange situations method in AO1 and evaluated the method / her study in AO2... Does that sound about right?
Original post by JJ_98
Which 2 explanations did you pick? I did biological and sociocultural. But I wasnt sure if you had to do all of the explanations within those if that makes sense so like for biological explain genetics, brain chemicals and brain structure. I couldnt remember any studies my mind went blank so I just did the Gottesman twin study

I really think I messed up this essay, cos I ended up writing about biological and cognitive (I know I don't know why either!). You know when you're in an exam and your mind goes blank...I couldn't think of the word sociocultural but I really wanted to write about labelling and family dysfunction cos I knew more about them. I know I just could have written it without writing sociocultural but I panicked!!! Do you think that will be ok? I kind of half applied cognitive to the stem but couldn't really think how to....:colondollar: oh well
Original post by MatWhiteside
It was weird, I wrote about how she developed the strange situations method in AO1 and evaluated the method / her study in AO2... Does that sound about right?

I think so...tbh I think it was an unfair question because they expect you to learn sooooo many studies for that topic and then to make you do an essay on only one of them seems a bit off. As long as you kept saying 'this is why she did/didn't influence our knowledge of attachment' or applying it to the question in some way I'm sure you will be fine (at least I hope so cos we basically wrote the same!)
I think so...tbh I think it was an unfair question because they expect you to learn sooooo many studies for that topic and then to make you do an essay on only one of them seems a bit off. As long as you kept saying 'this is why she did/didn't influence our knowledge of attachment' or applying it to the question in some way I'm sure you will be fine (at least I hope so cos we basically wrote the same!)

Good good, I actually concluded by saying she didn't really influence our knowledge of attachment; but more provided a consistent way of measuring attachment which has provided strong objective evidence for it. Not sure if it's right, but oh well just have to wait and see! And as always hope for a nice marker! :smile:
Good good, I actually concluded by saying she didn't really influence our knowledge of attachment; but more provided a consistent way of measuring attachment which has provided strong objective evidence for it. Not sure if it's right, but oh well just have to wait and see! And as always hope for a nice marker! :smile:

Yep, a nice marker and low grade boundaries! My marker better enjoy my paper as I put the wrong names for most studies :biggrin: so hopefully that will provide some comic relief haha
Yep, a nice marker and low grade boundaries! My marker better enjoy my paper as I put the wrong names for most studies :biggrin: so hopefully that will provide some comic relief haha

At least you remembered Ainsworth! :biggrin:
Reply 51

Yeah that sounds fine, I compared it to Van Ijzendoorn and Kroonenberg's cross cultural study and how they included a collection of different cultures that are individualist and collectivist and then i also said that Ainsworth encouraged the development of other ways to measure attachment such as adult attachment interview and q-sort. I thought this was my best essay out of all of them. It was good you evaluated her method cus there were flaws in it like it couldnt be applied to all cultures and failed to show good test-retest reliability showing it wasnt that accurate to categorise attachments.

I really think I messed up this essay, cos I ended up writing about biological and cognitive (I know I don't know why either!). You know when you're in an exam and your mind goes blank...I couldn't think of the word sociocultural but I really wanted to write about labelling and family dysfunction cos I knew more about them. I know I just could have written it without writing sociocultural but I panicked!!! Do you think that will be ok? I kind of half applied cognitive to the stem but couldn't really think how to....:colondollar: oh well

Dont worry about it I think I messed it up a bit too tbh cus I just couldnt think either! Yeah I always forget that its sociocultural, dont worry about it now im sure you did great just focus on kicking unit 4's ass! :smile:
What did people put for biological explanations for forensics

Posted from TSR Mobile

lombroso and sheldon
I did, cognitive development, then forensics and then cognition and law
I thought it was actually alright however I think the grade boundaries will be ridiculous because of how nice the questions were :/
Reply 54
Original post by Ellennn.d
I did, cognitive development, then forensics and then cognition and law
I thought it was actually alright however I think the grade boundaries will be ridiculous because of how nice the questions were :/

Normally the grade boundaries for the past few years have stayed the same i think 38/60 is an A and 33 is a B. I thought that was relatively nice seeing as to get an A you need to get 13 marks in each section and seeing as the essay is 12 marks thats not too much if you think about it. I know its hard to get full marks in the essay but even if you got like 8 and then picked up 5 marks from short qs your fine
Original post by JJ_98
Normally the grade boundaries for the past few years have stayed the same i think 38/60 is an A and 33 is a B. I thought that was relatively nice seeing as to get an A you need to get 13 marks in each section and seeing as the essay is 12 marks thats not too much if you think about it. I know its hard to get full marks in the essay but even if you got like 8 and then picked up 5 marks from short qs your fine

yeah thats true actually!! Although I feel cause the questions were so nice AQA will raise the grade boundaries, but hopefully not!
Reply 56
yeah thats true actually!! Although I feel cause the questions were so nice AQA will raise the grade boundaries, but hopefully not!

Yeah they were so nice, better than expected. I went into that exam so worked up about it, I even had to leave just before it started to calm myself down and then I found the questions were alright and Id been stressed for nothing. Im just so happy it went way better than I expected cus I love psychology and its my best subject so I wouldve been so pissed off at myself if i ****ed it up so badly
Original post by JJ_98
Yeah they were so nice, better than expected. I went into that exam so worked up about it, I even had to leave just before it started to calm myself down and then I found the questions were alright and Id been stressed for nothing. Im just so happy it went way better than I expected cus I love psychology and its my best subject so I wouldve been so pissed off at myself if i ****ed it up so badly

Yeah same here, I was so stressed and then when I saw the Nativist question for cog dev I was like seriously cause theres not huge amount to write but then when I got writing and did the other questions it was absolutely fine!!
Reply 58
Yeah same here, I was so stressed and then when I saw the Nativist question for cog dev I was like seriously cause theres not huge amount to write but then when I got writing and did the other questions it was absolutely fine!!

Oh I did social development not cognitive, what other sections did you do?
Original post by JJ_98
Oh I did social development not cognitive, what other sections did you do?

cognition and law and also forensics

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending