The Student Room Group

OCR 21st Century Science B4 B5 B6 10th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

What did everyone get for the second to last question on who was right about not dropping the cake? I put Olga having changed my mind 3 times.
Reply 161
Original post by NiamhM1801
Oh cool! See physics is my best science and I'm really confident with 456 :biggrin: dreading chem though. Do you do triple?

yeah i do triple, but chemistry is my best science. I just find physics really hard to understand to be honest, for me it's quite complicated.
Reply 162
Original post by NiamhM1801
Exactly, confused me a little but I went with it anyway.

2 marks I believe. I didn't like it either. I put no in the end as although the risk of faulty mitochondria is large, the chance of developing a disease is small so the procedure is a waste of money as it won't benefit a large amount of people and is expensive for what it is.

But you could have gone the other way and said that should the mitochondria go untreated, the people with the faulty mitochondria will go on to reproduce and pass it off to their offspring. As a result more of the population will be more likely to develop serious diseases.
The ocrbiology # on Twitter is hilarious omg, I was cracking up just reading some of them!
Is there an unofficial mark scheme yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Iqsar
But you could have gone the other way and said that should the mitochondria go untreated, the people with the faulty mitochondria will go on to reproduce and pass it off to their offspring. As a result more of the population will be more likely to develop serious diseases.

Yeah you could've. There was loads you could have said for that one.
Original post by GeorgiaC901
Is there an unofficial mark scheme yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had a look but I don't think there is just yet.
Original post by tereziscool
but it says it is not required in the specification...

oh well, yeah, it's better safe than sorry.

Bet you are glad you did now :wink:
Original post by rkp123
I got so confused with that question for some reason! I put that some groups would find it unethical ?? Oh well

I put that mice were simpler organisms so they would use more reflexes. This was a complete guess though.
Has anyone got any guesses for the grade boundaries? I wanna know what I got
Original post by eviemason
I put that mice were simpler organisms so they would use more reflexes. This was a complete guess though.

I didnt write that, i simply said they would be incompatables because of the different set of chormosomes and genes
how many marks was the percentage question? Definately got it wrong
Reply 172
Original post by isabelaskey
how many marks was the percentage question? Definately got it wrong

I think it was a 2 marker, but you may get one mark if your working out was correct?
Original post by HateOCR
Has anyone got any guesses for the grade boundaries? I wanna know what I got

Last year it was:
A* 41
A 33
B 25
C 18
D 11
E 17

I doubt there will be much shift from these so use them as a rough guideline.
Original post by Lsford
I think it was a 2 marker, but you may get one mark if your working out was correct?

I did all the working out then multiplied it by 100 (why, I have no clue now) so got it all right up to then:s-smilie: Thanks, though
In 2014 the grade boundaries were:
A*-47
A-39
B-30
C-22

The A* grade is fairly high on this paper especially compared to 2015 so I'm not actually sure for A*. There seems to be a variation in a lot of answers yet quite a few people in my school said they found it easy so imo it's hard to predict.
The 2014 paper was easier though so idk.
Original post by eviemason
What did everyone get for the second to last question on who was right about not dropping the cake? I put Olga having changed my mind 3 times.

I put Olga as well; the other two were just plain wrong and when the reflex arc fires, the relay neuron's job is to let the brain know that the action has occurred and not to receive anything otherwise it would just be too slow.
When she thought consciously about it I would have thought that it would make more sense to put that instead of Amy's statement about the conscious thought being quicker. I mean, it is a reflex arc so it has to be quicker right? I'm not sure though-just speculating.
LOVED THAT.
I really did.

I did mess up in the ratio question argh >:frown: i put 1:640
oh well. one mark then.
Original post by tereziscool
LOVED THAT.
I really did.

I did mess up in the ratio question argh >:frown: i put 1:640
oh well. one mark then.

Oh **** was that not the answer? haha
Reply 179
Apparently some people got 1:639 / 1/639 but I don't get how and apparently that's the answer ??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending