The Student Room Group

AQA AS Chemistry 7404/1 and 7404/2 - 27th May 2016 and 10th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SANTR
How did you find the first paper?

tragic
Reply 601
I asked of that as well to my tr but she wasnt sure but its just for the purpose of adding H+ ions so I personally think either one would be fine but just to be safe say and if it comes up👍
Original post by SANTR

I believe I got 57-58+ in that exam. I'm not sure really. I'm quite good at chemistry, it's my strongest subject, and always has been, however the problem for me was the multiple choice as well as the amount of stuff you needed to do in such a short time. I almost ran out of time, which led me to making careless errors as well as screwing up many multiple choice questions. So definitely not easy, I hope the boundaries are lower because of that, and I hope this one is a bit nicer
Original post by SANTR

It was not good...
Someone expalin the method for titration plz
Original post by SuperHuman98
Someone expalin the method for titration plz

Watch this...Its really good ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFpFCPTDv2w
How was it??
It went quite well! I didn't really get a few questions on uncertainty of a thermometer and had to guess two multiple choice questions but it wasn't nearly as bad as the first one in my opinion, I've always been better at organic though so it's hard to tell
What did you guys put for the alternative product of propane-1,2-diol???
It was all good up until the end of section A... Almost ran out of time so had to be quick. Only 10 mins on Section B but that bit seemed easy...So hopefully ok...I only have to get a C or higher so I should have at least got that :smile:
Original post by tajtsracc
Which had the highest and lowest boiling points in the 6 marker?

Anyone get -308kJmol-1?

For? 308?
Original post by rosemondtan
What did you guys put for the alternative product of propane-1,2-diol???

The aldehyde!
What was it for the H - Br question, was it Electrophillic Addition?

Anyone get -308kJmol-1?

I put the alcohol as the highest because hydrogen bonds so strongest intermolecular force, then the aldehyde(I think it was an aldehyde can't remember for sure though) because permanent dipole-dipole forces dominate and are stronger than the van der waals forces which are in the alkane, not sure if this is right though as in one of the specimen papers they stated that the van der waals dominated but I decided to go with what I knew and made sense most to me :smile:
Original post by AdamWallisjr

That's what I put :smile:
Original post by AdamWallisjr

I think so!
Original post by lauren_dubai98
The aldehyde!

I got the aldehyde and ketone combined!

Anyone get -308kJmol-1?

Think I got that
Me too
Guys for the propane-1,2-diol question, was the organic product formed in part a a carboxylic acid-ketone combination and for the alternative organic product it's a aldehyde-ketone combination?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending