The Student Room Group

The Ghosts and Folklore Society!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Leviathan1741
Oh dear, that probably wasn't the best idea! :biggrin:

Lol yeah, whats the scariest movie you've ever watched?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GothicShield
Lol yeah, whats the scariest movie you've ever watched?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm, I've never watched any particularly scary movies. The Woman in Black was a bit freaky I guess!
Hmm, I've never watched any particularly scary movies. The Woman in Black was a bit freaky I guess!

I remember once during an intense lecture about religion my friend to my left out the blue put his phone infront of me and all i see is a freakin scary ghost which literally made me jump out my chair

Posted from TSR Mobile
I remember once during an intense lecture about religion my friend to my left out the blue put his phone infront of me and all i see is a freakin scary ghost which literally made me jump out my chair

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww, that was mean of him :hugs:
Aww, that was mean of him :hugs:

Aha highlight of my life!! Quite exhilarating. :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aha highlight of my life!! Quite exhilarating. :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That reminds me of when I watched the Rocking Chair Ghost video on YouTube when I was a kid. I think I genuinely almost had a heart attack!
That reminds me of when I watched the Rocking Chair Ghost video on YouTube when I was a kid. I think I genuinely almost had a heart attack!

So you really enjoy paranormal stuff, thats so cool and unusual characteristic to find in a girl 😍😍😍
Have you ever watched the goosebumps series?

Posted from TSR Mobile
So you really enjoy paranormal stuff, thats so cool and unusual characteristic to find in a girl 😍😍😍
Have you ever watched the goosebumps series?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I've had an interest in it ever since I can remember! I haven't watched it, no :smile:
Yeah, I've had an interest in it ever since I can remember! I haven't watched it, no :smile:

Its a bit scary but fun to watch especially for our age though i used to watch it ten years ago 😎..oops guess the kid in me is coming out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Its a bit scary but fun to watch especially for our age though i used to watch it ten years ago 😎..oops guess the kid in me is coming out

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I've got Most Haunted Series 1-14 and watched them all several times over!
Yeah, I've got Most Haunted Series 1-14 and watched them all several times over!

Lol wow your awesome, anyways im going to go sleep now, it was really nice talking to you!! 😊😊
Bye
Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol wow your awesome, anyways im going to go sleep now, it was really nice talking to you!! 😊😊
Bye
Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay, goodnight! I'm going to head to bed too :h:
When I was a child my family moved to a big old two-floor house, with big empty rooms and creaking floorboards. Both my parents worked so I was often alone when I came home from school. One early evening when I came home the house was still dark.

I called out, “Mum?” and heard her sing song voice say “Yeeeeees?” from upstairs. I called her again as I climbed the stairs to see which room she was in, and again got the same “Yeeeeees?” reply. We were decorating at the time, and I didn’t know my way around the maze of rooms but she was in one of the far ones, right down the hall. I felt uneasy, but I figured that was only natural so I rushed forward to see my mum, knowing that her presence would calm my fears, as a mother’s presence always does.

Just as I reached for the handle of the door to let myself in to the room I heard the front door downstairs open and my mother call “Sweetie, are you home?” in a cheery voice. I jumped back, startled and ran down the stairs to her, but as I glanced back from the top of the stairs, the door to the room slowly opened a crack. For a brief moment, I saw something strange in there, and I don’t know what it was, but it was staring at me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The RMS Queen Mary

The RMS Queen Mary was originally in use as a luxury liner for both royal and well-off guests, and later served as a troop ship during WWII, transporting American, Canadian and British troops and prisoners of war across the Atlantic. In 1947, the Queen Mary returned to use as a luxury liner, before making her final journey to Long Beach, California, where she remains to this day as a tourist attraction, complete with a hotel, restaurant and museum. Because she was home to so many people throughout her 70 or so years in service, the Queen Mary is believed to be one of the most haunted properties in the United States, with more than 600 ghosts believed to reside within her metal walls.

In the first class suite area of the ship, a man dressed in a 1930s suit has been seen many times by both tour guides and guests. In the first class bedrooms, lights switch themselves on and off, heavy breathing has been heard on many occasions, and several guests have reported feeling the bed clothes being pulled off them in the middle of the night. The presence of a lady has also been felt in the first class suite bedrooms, and she is thought to be responsible for much of the paranormal activity in this area.

In the engine room, many guests and tour guides have witnessed the ghost of a man who is thought to have died after getting crushed in one of the doors, door 13 to be exact. Screams have also been heard coming from the engine room, as well as mysterious knocking sounds and doors opening and closing on their own.

In the Queen’s Salon, the ghost of a woman in a long, white gown has also been reported. She has been seen dancing on her own on many occasions, and strange globes of light have also been witnessed floating across the room.

Room B340 is said to be particularly paranormally active. So much paranormal activity has been experienced here, that it is never used for guests. This room is thought to be the site of a murder, and dark shadowy figures, strange noises and screams have all been reported there, along with a variety of poltergeist phenomena. Before it was closed to guests, guests who did stay in the room often fled the room in fear and insisted on being moved to another.

The first class swimming pool is also believed to be haunted. The ghosts of two women have regularly been seen in the area. One of them is thought to have died there in the 1930s, the other in the 1960s, and both of them died from drowning. Although the swimming pool is no longer in use and there is no water in it, the sounds of footsteps have been heard and wet footprints have been found in the area, despite there being no water sources nearby. This swimming pool is also believed by mediums to be a ‘vortex’ where spirits enter and leave the Queen Mary’s atmosphere. For this reason, the swimming pool and surrounding area is thought to be one of the more active areas of the ship.
When I was a child my family moved to a big old two-floor house, with big empty rooms and creaking floorboards. Both my parents worked so I was often alone when I came home from school. One early evening when I came home the house was still dark.

I called out, “Mum?” and heard her sing song voice say “Yeeeeees?” from upstairs. I called her again as I climbed the stairs to see which room she was in, and again got the same “Yeeeeees?” reply. We were decorating at the time, and I didn’t know my way around the maze of rooms but she was in one of the far ones, right down the hall. I felt uneasy, but I figured that was only natural so I rushed forward to see my mum, knowing that her presence would calm my fears, as a mother’s presence always does.

Just as I reached for the handle of the door to let myself in to the room I heard the front door downstairs open and my mother call “Sweetie, are you home?” in a cheery voice. I jumped back, startled and ran down the stairs to her, but as I glanced back from the top of the stairs, the door to the room slowly opened a crack. For a brief moment, I saw something strange in there, and I don’t know what it was, but it was staring at me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh crap, that literally terrified me!
Just gonna nudge this, along with the basic spirits and ghosts what do you think of the more negative ghosts?
Original post by DeathGuardElite
Just gonna nudge this, along with the basic spirits and ghosts what do you think of the more negative ghosts?

Do you mean negative as in succubi, incubi and similar entities?
Do you mean negative as in succubi, incubi and similar entities?

thinking more violent and stuff but sure those can be added to the question too, also add in daemons if you wish
Original post by DeathGuardElite
thinking more violent and stuff but sure those can be added to the question too, also add in daemons if you wish

I think they are all very interesting! Some of the activity I've read about does sound quite frightening, but I don't think it's very common?
I think they are all very interesting! Some of the activity I've read about does sound quite frightening, but I don't think it's very common?

i have a friend who believes they have a daemon infesting their home.
and no its not very common

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending