The Student Room Group

AQA AS Chemistry 7404/1 and 7404/2 - 27th May 2016 and 10th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Better than the first one, still not great though.
Original post by marcobruni98
I think so!

Great :smile:
Original post by rosemondtan
Guys for the propane-1,2-diol question, was the organic product formed in part a a carboxylic acid-ketone combination and for the alternative organic product it's a aldehyde-ketone combination?

I got the aldehyde and ketone but i didnt do the alternative question...left it blank :frown:
Oh and did you guys get -11760 for the ethanol combustion or something
Original post by TheOnlyAngel
I got the aldehyde and ketone but i didnt do the alternative question...left it blank :frown:

The aldehyde and ketone was the alternative I think because it said limiting potassium dichromate?
Such a nice paper imo. Better than paper 1.
It feels like 64 for an A
But I think it will be 60. Mixed reactions from what I have seen.
Everyone in my class found it to be a nice paper.
(edited 7 years ago)
Guys for the propane-1,2-diol question, was the organic product formed in part a a carboxylic acid-ketone combination and for the alternative organic product it's a aldehyde-ketone combination?

Yes was confused about this and I put 3{o). Wud be two for reflux for just one o-h but there was another, I'm not sure anyone put 3(0)
Original post by Pentaquark
But I think it will be 58. Mixed reactions from what I have seen.

Super easy in some place, few A grade questions, probably 66 for an A
Original post by Pentaquark
But I think it will be 58. Mixed reactions from what I have seen.

Nice for the new spec.
Why was a thin layer of platinum used to coat the catalyst ?
Also why was the thermometer of enough uncertainty ?

Yh i put that
Original post by Asad_2015
Yes was confused about this and I put 3{o). Wud be two for reflux for just one o-h but there was another, I'm not sure anyone put 3(0)

I put the alcohol (whatever it was called) plus 3(O) becomes 2H20 plus COOHCOCH3
Original post by tajtsracc
This is what I did

Not sure as the other OH might be able to :s it's secondary , so Keaton's too. And 3(0)
This is what I did

Shouldn't the skeleton structure have OH on the end of where you've added your extra sticks?
Original post by smiley444
Why was a thin layer of platinum used to coat the catalyst ?

I said that honeycomb has a large SA and a thin layer wouldnt decrease the SA so the catalyst would still be effective
This is what I did

The first one will be oxidised to a ketone though? The secondary alcohol part. And your skeletal structure needs to show the diol! Or else it would be mistaken as a methyl branch
For the second bit i put 5/2(o)
Original post by Metal Warrior
I put the alcohol (whatever it was called) plus 3(O) becomes 2H20 plus COOHCOCH3

Same
What did you all get for the IR spectrum one?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending