The Student Room Group

EDEXCEL UNIT 2 (RESIT) 2016 Answers

Haven't seen a thread for Edexcel AS chemistry unit 2 RESIT, so post on here what you think you got for answers and open for general discussion about the exam! good luck to everyone who is sitting this exam and see you in 2 hours.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
bump
It was fairly easy, some odd questions but nothing horrible
Was the reactivity of the halogenoalkanes A, B, C or C, B, A, I think it's due to the inductive effect but I couldn't work out which way it would result in still
Reply 4
Original post by FlowaPowa
Was the reactivity of the halogenoalkanes A, B, C or C, B, A, I think it's due to the inductive effect but I couldn't work out which way it would result in still

A,B,C
Original post by RUNSran
A,B,C

I put C,B,A ****
Reply 6
What did people get for the last question? the mass of iodine

i got 80 something :s-smilie:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ManofironLC
I put C,B,A ****

I put CBA as well
Original post by srg101
What did people get for the last question?

i got 80 something :s-smilie:

Think like 80.6?
CBA and 80.6 are correct
Reply 10
Personally i think that the multiple choice questions were very easy and there a few questions that were tricky. the bond question about the angles and stuff really messed me up but other than that wasn't too bad
Reply 11
What did people get for the shape for the first question? and how was bf3 bonded to nf3?
Reply 12
Original post by JamieP123
CBA and 80.6 are correct

i thought c forms a tertiary carbocation and tertiary carbocation is more stable so less easily it reacts so c will react slowly. No?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Crespo0008
Think like 80.6?

114.21 is what I got
something like 0.45 x (126.9x2)
Reply 14
Original post by notsoclueless
114.21 is what I got
something like 0.45 x (126.9x2)

yeah i got something similar - dont know how people got 80 something. What was the moles of s203 that reacted in the blank titration?
Reply 15
Original post by srg101
What did people get for the shape for the first question? and how was bf3 bonded to nf3?

was bonded by hydrogen bonding from the F-N, the first question i put original pyramidal and BA was 102? not sure
Reply 16
Original post by RUNSran
i thought c forms a tertiary carbocation and tertiary carbocation is more stable so less easily it reacts so c will react slowly. No?

C was a tertiary halogenoalkane and they for precipitate almost instantaneously, then they secondary halogenoalkane is slight slower, leading to the primary which is much slower
That's weird. Loads of people at my school got that BF3 bonded to NF3 via a dative covalent bond and quite a few people got like around 40 for the iodine question at the end.
Reply 18
Both of us from our school got 80 for the iodine. Paper was fine overall.
Original post by Fmathslad
was bonded by hydrogen bonding from the F-N, the first question i put original pyramidal and BA was 102? not sure

First bond angle + shape: 120 and trigonal planar

Bond angle for second one: 107 (resembles NH3)

and bond is dative covalent due to lone pair of electrons on nitrogen

Quick Reply

Latest