The Student Room Group

AQA AS Chemistry 7404/1 and 7404/2 - 27th May 2016 and 10th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SANTR
What did you write for the question on why CO2 etc absorb infra red radiation?

I wrote that it has a high bond enthalpy so it absorbs it instead of breaking the bond, but I have no bloody clue really.
Original post by SANTR
What did people write for the anti bumping granules Q?

I put how it will help to prevent vigorous reaction to happen
I thought that was a chill paper, made one stupid mistake when forgetting to put h20 as another product in the oxidation thing and there were a few dodgy 1 markers but overall way better than the first
when you think you got the unit for kc down but u miss out a ^-1. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, I'm making the unofficial mark scheme right now. If you guys can reply to this post with any answers that would be great!
Original post by isabella1999
I thought that was a chill paper, made one stupid mistake when forgetting to put h20 as another product in the oxidation thing and there were a few dodgy 1 markers but overall way better than the first

Same mistake haha
Absorbs every for decomposition also has high vibration frequency therefore absorbs it's natural frequency for vibrating. It's with vibration and frequency, but I wrote both 😂
Original post by GabbytheGreek_48
when you think you got the unit for kc down but u miss out a ^-1. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's 10.5 right?
Reply 668
What was the answer to the last MPC? I didn't see it and had to guess
Original post by haes
What was the answer to the last MPC? I didn't see it and had to guess

I got D

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DaVinciGirl
Hey, I'm making the unofficial mark scheme right now. If you guys can reply to this post with any answers that would be great!

Good luck. I can't really remember much about it until I am asked about certain questions. Feel free to ask what I got for a question and I'll see if I can help :smile:
Original post by Christina1999H

Yeah same, it was C or D, though I'm pretty sure I put D
yeah I got that but I ment the unit for the first part of the question

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 673
can someone draw out the displayed formula of the carboxylic acid formed under reflux?
Reply 674
yeah I got that but I ment the unit for the first part of the question

Posted from TSR Mobile

The Kc answer was 10.5?
hmm I think unit for kc was mol^-1 dm^3 then kc I got 10.5 um I forfet the second question but if you remind of the questions ull probably remember my answers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 676
Original post by DaVinciGirl

I got the enthalpy of combustion(?) as 308 kJmol^-1
download.png
Anyone get it like this.
Propan-1-2-diol under reflux.
hmm I think unit for kc was mol^-1 dm^3 then kc I got 10.5 um I forfet the second question but if you remind of the questions ull probably remember my answers

Posted from TSR Mobile

For the Kc question, did you just divide the moles by the volume (2.00) or also multiply by 1000?
Original post by raiba
I got the enthalpy of combustion(?) as 308 kJmol^-1

Is that the one the Multiple choice question?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending