The Student Room Group

OCR Chemistry F322 June 2016

I couldn't find a thread for this exam, is anybody retaking this AS module?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Original post by annabelflynn
Yep me! How you feeling about it?
And if you have the June 2015 paper, please post it!

Ahh idk I think okay, I haven't done the 2014 or 2015 paper again so I'm not sure yet, hopefully we find it a lot easier after doing A2s! How about you??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
How did it go guys
Original post by WhatALad
How did it go guys

It was a pretty okay paper tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wasn't too bad:smile: for the enthalpy change of formation question, were the values in the table combustion or formation? I can't remember!
Original post by HannaaJackson
Wasn't too bad:smile: for the enthalpy change of formation question, were the values in the table combustion or formation? I can't remember!

The values were for combustion but I used them for formation
What did people get for 2 isomers from carbon hydrogen and bromine? Below 150mr
Was it CH3CHBrCH3 and CH3CH2CH2Br ?
Reply 7
Lets just hope the grade boundaries arent too high, I need an A in this paper or else im doomed :/
Reply 8
Original post by Twomenoneclub
What did people get for 2 isomers from carbon hydrogen and bromine? Below 150mr
Was it CH3CHBrCH3 and CH3CH2CH2Br ?

Thats what i got^
Reply 9
Did anyone else get methylpropanoic acid for the last one?
Original post by mattyk5
Thats what i got^

3 carbons? Someone said 4 carbons,but I thought it was 3 carbons
did anyone get something like 347.2kJ, 281, 1482 for energy?I messed up the percentage yield somehow, got 11.1gand for the EU questions i just couldn't work it out I think i got 740l or something ridiculousalso C3H7Br for analysis? And then CH3CH2CH2OH, NaBr, and CH3CH2CH2ONa?otherwise it was a decent paper but i don't think it's much easier than any of the past papers
Original post by Riadiram

For the very last one? I got 1,1-dimethylpropanoate
Reply 13

Nope i think i got 2-methylethylpropanoate <<< if thats the correct name for it

CH3CHCOOCHCH3CH3^
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 14
i think the paper was pretty good except now i realised that with the CO2 question; i added a factor of 10 to the 5.6x10^5.. its spposed to be 560,000 but i wrote 5600,000 ;((((( sed lyf

I got Propyl-Propanoate (not the correct name for it) with propanoic acid forming a ester bond with propan-2-ol
Reply 16
Original post by Twomenoneclub
3 carbons? Someone said 4 carbons,but I thought it was 3 carbons

yeah 3 carbons. Couldnt have been 4 carbons because the empirical formula can have 2/3 carbons. If lets say the empirical had 2 then the only way to get 4 carbons was to double the empirical formula which leads to the Mr being OVER 150 which it couldnt be so therefore had to be 3 carbons imo
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by milutin767
did anyone get something like 347.2kJ, 281, 1482 for energy?I messed up the percentage yield somehow, got 11.1gand for the EU questions i just couldn't work it out I think i got 740l or something ridiculousalso C3H7Br for analysis? And then CH3CH2CH2OH, NaBr, and CH3CH2CH2ONa?otherwise it was a decent paper but i don't think it's much easier than any of the past papers

CH3CH2CH2ONa? That doesn't sound right, are you talking about the last question? I got the two haloalkanes as CH3CH2CH2Br and CH3CHBrCH3
Then propan-1-ol and propan-2-ol after reflux with OH-...
Original post by nimbusninja
For the very last one? I got 1,1-dimethylpropanoate

+1
Reply 19
I got like 239 litres or something along them lines for the CO2 question

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending