The Student Room Group

Ocr f321 , f322 retakes on 27/05/16 and 10/06/16

Scroll to see replies

did anyone get something like 347.2kJ, 281, 1482 for energy?
I messed up the percentage yield somehow, got 11.1g
and for the EU questions i just couldn't work it out I think i got 740l or something ridiculous
also C3H7Br for analysis? And then CH3CH2CH2OH, NaBr, and CH3CH2CH2ONa?
otherwise it was a decent paper but i don't think it's much easier than any of the past papers
Was super happy during the whole exam, thinking that I only dropped a few marks in the whole paper, but what if that's not enough for an A? XD
Reply 122
CO2 emissions question, mass in the enthlapy change of reaction dropped marks there
How did everyone do the CO2 emission question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The 4 marker on Petrol and the repeat unit questions confused me but apart from that i thought it was an aright paper:smile: now onto F324!!
Original post by milutin767
and for the EU questions i just couldn't work it out I think i got 740l or something ridiculous
otherwise it was a decent paper but i don't think it's much easier than any of the past papers

I got 1062, last structure was an ester.
Reply 126
Did anyone get 100" for EU question and also what was the answer to the 25% mg qu?
A bit vague but i got 200 and something liters
Original post by TSR121
Did anyone get 100" for EU question and also what was the answer to the 25% mg qu?

I got 0.02 for the 25% mg q, not sure if right tho :/
This is what I remember from my calculations.

Magnesium Mass : 0.38 g or something along that

CO +1602
Volume: 259.09 Litres
Enthalphy of Nonane: -230 something
Enthalphy of Reaction using Temp change: -34.7 or similar
Repeat Units: 50000/70

Let me know what you guys got
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 130
Original post by toonervoustotalk
The 4 marker on Petrol and the repeat unit questions confused me but apart from that i thought it was an aright paper:smile: now onto F324!!

what you had to do was divide the mr of the monomer which i think was 1-methylpentane by by the large number they gave you
Original post by milutin767

I got 11.1g too!?
Original post by WhatALad
A bit vague but i got 200 and something liters

259?? I think?
Original post by NervousBoy

CO +1602

I got 259 litres, 0.38g for the Mg one, 1602 for the CO one and that for the repeat units one. Can't remember the others though
Original post by GawdHeresEmmie
I got 11.1g too!?

259?? I think?

Original post by sydneyl3igh
I got 259 litres, 0.38g for the Mg one, 1602 for the CO one and that for the repeat units one. Can't remember the others though

Can either of you remember the question for the number of litres of petrol one? My bro sat the exam today and wasn't sure about his method so I want to go through it with him but he can't remember the exact statements...
Original post by safhassan
what you had to do was divide the mr of the monomer which i think was 1-methylpentane by by the large number they gave you

I did that but i think i used the wrong MR would i get ECF
Original post by TSR121

I got 100 but I completely guessed!
Reply 136
Original post by NervousBoy

CO +1602

I definetly got 259.09, and 50,000/70 and 1602, I can't remember the others though
Reply 137
Anyone else get something like 14g for the percentage yield question?
Original post by In One Ear
Can either of you remember the question for the number of litres of petrol one? My bro sat the exam today and wasn't sure about his method so I want to go through it with him but he can't remember the exact statements...

It was something like the EU wants to reduce CO2 emissions by 2020 by 5.4 X 10^5 g(not sure on the exact figure). They gave the equation for complete combustion of octane, and said that how many liters of petrol less would a car have to burn in 2020 (then told us that a litre=700g).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have any ideas of grade boundaries? Stressed as I found the exam ok but so many people are saying it was amazing and now I'm concerned about grade boundaries. I need an A and I know I've definitely lost around four marks but it could be more than that as I make silly little mistakes and it's likely I've lost some along the way :/
Hope you guys all found it ok though!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending