The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Redcoats
Apologies, it is out of 175 (that just goes to show how little preparation I've had that I don't even know what the papers are out of!) Good luck to you too! I'm sure you'll excel and get an A^^^^^^^^!

Haha I wish that was a thing :tongue:
Do you want to study maths at uni?
I'm positive you'll do great anyway, good luck!
Original post by NiamhM1801
Haha I wish that was a thing :tongue:
Do you want to study maths at uni?
I'm positive you'll do great anyway, good luck!

I would love to do a combined course of Mathematics and Classical English Literature (to be entirely honest, I love English more than I love Mathematics). Unfortunately, I know not of any University that offers such so I'm bound to a Pure Mathematics degree.

What about you?
I would love to do a combined course of Mathematics and Classical English Literature (to be entirely honest, I love English more than I love Mathematics). Unfortunately, I know not of any University that offers such so I'm bound to a Pure Mathematics degree.

What about you?

Ooh that sounds interesting! Hope you can find a uni that does it.
I'm wanting to do just a regular Maths degree (if that's a thing lol) followed by a PGCE as I want to go into teaching! :smile:
Ooh that sounds interesting! Hope you can find a uni that does it.
I'm wanting to do just a regular Maths degree (if that's a thing lol) followed by a PGCE as I want to go into teaching! :smile:

Intriguing. I'm sure you'll be an excellent teacher! I on the other hand am chasing a Renaissance Man's dream!
http://gcseanswers.co.uk/16edexcel-maths-cal
You probably looked at it when it was incomplete. It took a little while to get the actual paper to put the questions and mark allocations on too, but it's complete now :smile:
Thank you :biggrin: I'm really happy as I usually do worse in calc papers.

See that's good :smile:. Haha, well that means the boundaries are likely to be lower then :wink:

I got 93 :smile:
Oh yeh. A* coming your way eh ? :biggrin: I'm sure you will get an A*
No worries
Yep :wink:
Essentially past papers. We were told really late that we were being entered for further maths (around 12 people in my school were chosen) so not a lot of preparation time is at hand. Luckily for me however, I taught myself FP1, FP2 and FP3 A-Level Further Maths before we were told so already knew all the content before being taught anything. I'm going for a high A^ (A distinction). What about you?

You've self taught FP1-3? That means you've also done C1-4 and you're in year 11. I may be wrong but I find that hard to believe :s-smilie:
Original post by nisha.sri
Is anyone revising today ? I've had 7 exams this week - and only 1 of it i think i didn't do that well on

I am, took a break yesterday! I'm sure you will be fine! I think I didn't do as well for English so it's okay. Hopefully, you will get the grade you want!
OMG i forgot to had a key for the stem and leaf yesterday in the maths paper but i must say that paper was godsend - it was beautiful. What did everyone score according to the mark scheme?

Wow, I hate when that happens, I actually remembered to put it last minute! It's just 1 mark so I'm sure you will be fine!

I think I scored 96/97 but this depends on the examiner! I agree, the paper was beautiful!
No worries

That's an amazing score :biggrin:
And yep, it's pretty much the only subject I knew that whatever they threw at us id still get an A* :wink:
Intriguing. I'm sure you'll be an excellent teacher! I on the other hand am chasing a Renaissance Man's dream!

Thank you! :biggrin:
Good luck with the chase!
OMG. My all night long paid off so much. I do OCR 21st century Biology. I had thought I was going to fail (B) in the exam and after sitting it I knew I aced it.

However, I was *****ing my pants regarding Business AQA because I didn't even revise for it and then planned on cramming it after Bio because I had 3 hours to revise. I thought I didn't do enough and would flop this exam as well but it went so well Im starting to believe I have a guardian angel. Lol. No word of a lie there. I'm not joking. How did you guys do ? I've got 3 days till my History Unit 2 exam so I'm focusing on that and P456 alongside P7.

I'm so happy now because I know I've got plenty of time to revise for my exams because each exam has a minimum of a 2.5 day gap.

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔
Original post by TheRandomGenius
You've self taught FP1-3? That means you've also done C1-4 and you're in year 11. I may be wrong but I find that hard to believe :s-smilie:

I can assure I have. I spent lunch times and break times with an FP3 book in front of me in the library. My favourite topic is Proof by the Method of Differences in FP2.
I can assure I have. I spent lunch times and break times with an FP3 book in front of me in the library. My favourite topic is Proof by the Method of Differences in FP2.

Fair enough and very impressive. Try this, you'll enjoy it. Send a pic of your solution if you manage it :smile:
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
OMG. My all night long paid off so much. I do OCR 21st century Biology. I had thought I was going to fail (B) in the exam and after sitting it I knew I aced it.

However, I was *****ing my pants regarding Business AQA because I didn't even revise for it and then planned on cramming it after Bio because I had 3 hours to revise. I thought I didn't do enough and would flop this exam as well but it went so well Im starting to believe I have a guardian angel. Lol. No word of a lie there. I'm not joking. How did you guys do ? I've got 3 days till my History Unit 2 exam so I'm focusing on that and P456 alongside P7.

I'm so happy now because I know I've got plenty of time to revise for my exams because each exam has a minimum of a 2.5 day gap.

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔

Well done !! How long did you revise in the night ?
Original post by bantaleg
Mate brainzistheword ur the biggest ****** ive ever met

Original post by bantaleg
dickhead

WTAF, that is so rude and untrue! don't make assumptions about people who you have never spoken to before or met... Brainzistheworld, is one of the nicest, kindest, motivated, funniest, intelligent and most hardworking person that I have ever spoken to.

Well done in your biology! What university are you hoping to go to? :smile:
Original post by ?Hannah
WTAF, that is so rude and untrue! don't make assumptions about people who you have never spoken to before or met... Brainzistheworld, is one of the nicest, kindest, motivated, funniest, intelligent and most hardworking person that I have ever spoken to.

Very very true !!

Wow well done - so pleased to hear that!! Good look in your history and the rest of your exams :smile:

Original post by sahra30013
I am, took a break yesterday! I'm sure you will be fine! I think I didn't do as well for English so it's okay. Hopefully, you will get the grade you want!

Wow, I hate when that happens, I actually remembered to put it last minute! It's just 1 mark so I'm sure you will be fine!

I think I scored 96/97 but this depends on the examiner! I agree, the paper was beautiful!

No worries

Well done guys! :smile: I am sure that you will all get excellent marks, the handwork really has paid off!
Well done !! How long did you revise in the night ?

From 8pm to 7am but I had we revised before hand as well. It wasn't that I wasn't confident but I went to sleep during the day so I'd thought I might as well use my time. I was a bit anxious on the B456 exam as well.

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by brainzistheword
Wow well done - so pleased to hear that!! Good look in your history and the rest of your exams :smile:

Thank you. 👍

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending