The Student Room Group

Gcse aqa biology unit 2 higher

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Blahblahblah7
You never know, it is unofficial for a reason. :smile:

Well literally everyone else got 1.5, even my friends. And it did say Minutes not Minute(s).
Original post by etata
I guess we'll just have to see, there were so many deceptive questions. What did you get for the chromosome one? With B,C,D cells I think?

Sorry for replying to this very late!

I presume you speak of the pictogram question.

I remember the chronological sequence of numbers being:

6.6 was Cell A (as given in the question)
13.2 was the cell after (double)
6.6 again (cell divides)
3.3 for each daughter cell (cell divides again)
Ha when everyone is arguing whether it's 1 or 1.5 and I wrote 1.45... I thought I had to be super specific :frown:
Original post by Dr Carlsberg
I thought it was 2 minutes because the first 30 seconds the blood flow was constant because muscles didn't need the extra oxygen because they were fine aerobically respiring, and then the next 1.5 minutes of the graph rising as blood flow increased due to prolonged exercise.

Yes one person that agrees with me. Got scared I lost the mark for a second there.
Original post by worksmartnothard
Ha when everyone is arguing whether it's 1 or 1.5 and I wrote 1.45... I thought I had to be super specific :frown:

There may be a +\- 1
Original post by Blahblahblah7
There may be a +\- 1

I really really hope so:frown: but at the same time I really really doubt it :frown: fml... got a baaad feeling I'm not going to beat my mock scores let alone equal them:frown::frown::frown:
Original post by Charlieskye
I put 1 minute but everyone else but 1.5

I did too, the blood flow only increased for 1 minute, and i think it stayed level to repay the oxygen debt
Original post by *JustARandomGuy*
Well really they should have done Minute(s) but it's an exam board... They want people to get tricked and fail...

I think minute(s) would have been too obvious that the answer was 1 minute
Original post by Kezi_wezi
Ahh thats so annoying! i wrote 1.. i didn't notice the minuets bit!

pretty sure that 1 is correct :smile:
Original post by Brewah
For the advantages of the enzymes i put:

Advantage:
The enzymes work best at low tempteratures, saving money and energy.

Disadvantage:
Enzymes are expensive

What do you guys think? Full marks for that?

I put this too, I believe the disadvantage was it doesn't kill all the bacteria, but im pretty sure it would be credited
For the very last question about why the foxes were only different variations of foxes and not separate species (or something) I wrote that they may still have access to their different islands and were able to breed... Is this right?

I was going to put that the conditions on the islands were similar but I decided against it. So mad at myself rn :angry:
Reply 131
Original post by jazz_xox_
I put this too, I believe the disadvantage was it doesn't kill all the bacteria, but im pretty sure it would be credited

Hopefully 😅
Original post by Anygy
I got 1.5 mins (Not sure tho) and mitosis

I got the same

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="jazz_xox_;65642641"]pretty sure that 1 is correct :smile:[/QUOTE
I hope so! I did notice the minutes, however there it wouldve been 2 onwards and was like naah. But much more people did 1.5😢
Also, what is anaerobic question. Because it didnt say anaerobic respiration i just said lack of oxygen present...anyone else?
Original post by Megthomass
Also, what is anaerobic question. Because it didnt say anaerobic respiration i just said lack of oxygen present...anyone else?

anaerobic means lack of oxygen :smile:
was there a question on fossils?
Original post by jazz_xox_
pretty sure that 1 is correct :smile:

I got 0.9 :smile: Is that right ?
I couldn't even do the 1 mark question on how long the athlete had been running :-))))

Spoiler

Original post by Anygy
I got so confused over the plantains questions, probably from all the math yesterday :colondollar: Did anyone get a disadvantage for the catalase one? I wrote that the enzyme could be expensive to produce :s-smilie:

Lol this happened to me too! I just think too much maths after the maths exam yesterday has just made me now find even the simplest calculations hard!

Quick Reply

Latest