The Student Room Group

HMRC AO pre-employment checks

Scroll to see replies

that's a bit annoying, you've had to wait this long! So I guess I should carry on with other things as i could be waiting a while. Have they contacted you since with any updates?
Original post by Rover red
that's a bit annoying, you've had to wait this long! So I guess I should carry on with other things as i could be waiting a while. Have they contacted you since with any updates?

They did ring me over 2 weeks ago asking me drop some ID so I went and gave that but since not heard anything..my referees haven't even been contacted yet so I don't know why they taking so long. Don't be handing your notice anytime soon because it is a long process
Reply 102
Hi,

Anyone received a formal offer for the Nottingham office?

Received provisional offer end of April, still waiting for pre-employmnt checks to be completed.
Taking wayy too long this.
Reply 103
Ive had my job title through now. Im a Personal Tax Customer Service Consultant. Its the amount of people they have to do the checks on. I applied in january and my pre-employment checks were completed 25th may. Long wait for everyone. Received a pension thing through the post yesterday. Has anyone else had one? The options confuse me a little. X
When's your start date? So it seems like everyone will be starting at different times. I thought the training would be done in groups.
Reply 105
When's your start date? So it seems like everyone will be starting at different times. I thought the training would be done in groups.

mine is the 4th july but im in Salford. It seems to be different all over the country. They just told me the first start date available was that so presuming we will be trained in little groups x
Hey Jolh!
I have been offered the same position as you, what day do you start?. I'm very interested in the job role and i wonder what we will be doing? is your training 5 weeks too? x
Reply 107
Original post by Spanky13
Hey Jolh!
I have been offered the same position as you, what day do you start?. I'm very interested in the job role and i wonder what we will be doing? is your training 5 weeks too? x

I start monday 4th july. Yea its 8.30 til 5 for the 5 weeks then onto the covering 8-8 shift patterns. Cant wait to knuckle down an get started x
Original post by jolh
I start monday 4th july. Yea its 8.30 til 5 for the 5 weeks then onto the covering 8-8 shift patterns. Cant wait to knuckle down an get started x

Its been ages hasn't it? which office are you going into? X
Reply 109
Its been ages hasn't it? which office are you going into? X

it has been a while but at least we are there now. Or most of us are.
its salford im going x
I was wondering if anyone can tell me if I need to do anything/ contact HMRC as my DBS just came through the post. I am assuming they get a copy too? And how long was it before anyone was made their formal offer after the DBS?
Thanks x
Hi Rover Red!,
Congrats on passing! HMRC don't get a copy of the DBS as they only get told the outcome, (if its clear or not) They can request to see it but for the moment, you have nothing else to do! My pre-employment checks were complete on the 19th May and I received my formal offer 1st June. I received a phone call just before my offer to speak about shifts and a start date, so hang on in there! Everyone seems to be slightly different so try not to worry too much!
Take Care
x
Hi
Thanks Spanky13
I guess you understand its a little frustrating and they take forever to contact you. Just want to know a start date or be given a formal offer so i can plan things! Have you been given a contract yet?
Hi
Thanks Spanky13
I guess you understand its a little frustrating and they take forever to contact you. Just want to know a start date or be given a formal offer so i can plan things! Have you been given a contract yet?

Ha ha yes!..... I TOTALLY understand! I started going out of my mind and checking my emails every 5 minutes! I spoke to a lady at the beginning of this process and she told me that some people quit before they have even started! (they just get so sick of waiting!) It's all about the waiting game unfortunately! I just really can't wait to start now. Apparently we get our contracts on our first day too. When I accepted my formal offer (over the phone) i received an email about 5 days later with all the information such as job title and who to report to on your first day. Xx
Ha ha yes!..... I TOTALLY understand! I started going out of my mind and checking my emails every 5 minutes! I spoke to a lady at the beginning of this process and she told me that some people quit before they have even started! (they just get so sick of waiting!) It's all about the waiting game unfortunately! I just really can't wait to start now. Apparently we get our contracts on our first day too. When I accepted my formal offer (over the phone) i received an email about 5 days later with all the information such as job title and who to report to on your first day. Xx

Lol okay i will try to chillax then. Its good i found this thread to get some information and talk to people in the same boat!
Good luck with it all, enjoy your last weeks before you start work! X
Reply 115
I was given a provisional offer a few weeks, with 48 hours to accept. i did, but since then I've been waiting for pre-employment checks to be completed. have just been asked to do a OH Assist questionnaire which I'm guessing is because I was too honest on the pre-employment health form. i wonder what your medical history has to be like to have your provisional offer revoked? has this happened to anyone?
Reply 116
I received a provisional offer on the 29th of April for Nottingham and was given information at my interview saying training would start in June. I emailed them last week and currently start dates are from the 1st of July to 4th August. I received a phone call today saying I have to take my id in again as they haven't got it. I did take it all in to my interview and it was all photocopied. Getting very frustrated now
I got my formal offer to start on 8th August! 😄
I was hoping it would be sooner as I have a holiday end of August. But training is 2 full weeks so I would have finished training by then so hopefully get leave.
Congratulations to all! Also, good luck to those who have started today! xx
can anyone who has already started the job enlighten us on what the role involves?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending