The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Chemistry (2420) Unit 2 10th June 2016 (Resit)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rid123
Question 2 calculations:
People get these?

Yes think so
Original post by Rid123
Question 2 calculations:
People get these?

i got thos numbers but i got +316
Guys how many marks was question 9
Original post by I like cows
Yes think so

I got -316 yes
what does aqueous barium chloride and magnesium nitrate form and what is the observation
Original post by arronpile
what does aqueous barium chloride and magnesium nitrate form and what is the observation

I think it forms barium nitrate but it's soluble so there's no visible observations. I didn't phrase it so well in the exam though :angry:
Reply 26
Original post by Rid123
Question 2 calculations:
People get these?

Yeah I got exactly that
Original post by ManOfJustTin
I think it forms barium nitrate but it's soluble so there's no visible observations. I didn't phrase it so well in the exam though :angry:

yh i put that it was colourless
Reply 28
Original post by arronpile

All nitrates are soluble so no visible change. For the other one, white barium sulfate precipitates out
The question to work out enthalpy of combustion when given a combustion equation and formation data. Was is products minus reactants or reactants minus products?
on the mechanism question where you hade to do mechanism of the formation of the reactive intermediate was it where h2so4 joined to the 2nd carbocation in propene
Original post by Lucasium
The question to work out enthalpy of combustion when given a combustion equation and formation data. Was is products minus reactants or reactants minus products?

products minus reactants
Products - reactants
Reply 33
I hope flames and precipitate are sufficient bur i somehow doubt it
Reply 34
What did you guys get for the question which asked what the peak at 1620-1680 cm-1 was becuase that was for a c=c bond but whay was the reagent ? I wrote KOH ?
Original post by Lucasium

It was combustion data, so isn't that reactants-products??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
Original post by samim_s
What did you guys get for the question which asked what the peak at 1620-1680 cm-1 was becuase that was for a c=c bond but whay was the reagent ? I wrote KOH ?

I think that's correct
Original post by emsieMC
Yeah I got exactly that

Yup got them too! :h:
Original post by samim_s

wasnt it conc h2so4 because its going from an alcohol to a alkene and the condition for this was reflux
Reply 39
For the pair of serioisomers of C5H10, i was confused and i put the E,Z isomers for pent-2-ene, is that correct if not what was it does anyone know?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending