The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Music 2015/2016 Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
I need 58/80 to get the A* overall...I think I've got it!! Trying not to get my hopes up though...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think I really didn't do too well.. The section b was good as it was predicted but section A I found difficult and think I messed up. Based on the previous really high grade boundaries i'm worried. I really wanted an a* as well :frown:
Reply 222
Original post by cootlin
you'd need 66/80, same as me!

You actually only need 58!! I've just used the edexcel mark converter to get your UMS marks, and then used the grade boundaries and you would need 94ums marks which is 58 raw marks! I hope you've got it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 223
Original post by nut3lla8
I think I really didn't do too well.. The section b was good as it was predicted but section A I found difficult and think I messed up. Based on the previous really high grade boundaries i'm worried. I really wanted an a* as well :frown:

Hey, stay calm. What marks did you get on your coursework?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rebecca-Joseph
What's a raga that has a vocalist called??????

It's a Bhajan I think. I put bharan...

Dynamics in the Handel? I had fun trying to answer that one. But otherwise a good essay question.
Reply 225
Original post by damfal03

Dynamics in the Handel? I had fun trying to answer that one. But otherwise a good essay question.

They're terraced!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kxjzh
It was a 5th apparently!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yay that's what I put

Original post by studying_me
The sections? I said intro for the first one and when the trumpet comes in the head but really unsure I revised like 3hours for that I had too much bio to do:frown:

So did I, and then solo for the next one but tbh there are like 6 solos so probably not right.

[QUOTE="damfal03;65645667"]It's a Bhajan I think. I put bharan...

I said bandish:frown:((
Original post by nut3lla8

If most of us found it fairly difficult then the grade boundaries shouldn't be that high. Hopefully we'll get a repeat of 2015 and it'll be 70/80 for A*
Original post by blessup
did people say for rag desh the mood was devotional?

I said romantic, but I'm not sure whether that's right hahah
Original post by Eleanorking
I said romantic, but I'm not sure whether that's right hahah

I couldn't remember so I put tranquil lol. I'm sure they'll accept a range of adjectives :smile: (though probably not mine xD)
Reply 231
Original post by zeldor711
If most of us found it fairly difficult then the grade boundaries shouldn't be that high. Hopefully we'll get a repeat of 2015 and it'll be 70/80 for A*

70, lucky? thats high!
Original post by blessup
70, lucky? thats high!

it's the lowest it has ever been I think!
Reply 233
[QUOTE="Eleanorking;65645859"]

I said bandish:frown:((

bandish and bhajan are the same thing!
and dynamics for handel : terraced
not originally marked on the score
but recent edits suggest a small range from p-f
Original post by Kxjzh
Hey, stay calm. What marks did you get on your coursework?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Full marks for performance and 57 for composition but i'm just stressing because I know where I made mistakes. How did you find it?

Yeah okay I hope so!
What notes did people fill in for Grace? Iput the same start and end notes as the last and first notes in the previous and next bars (if that makes sense) with the other notes in a descending order.
Reply 237
What notes did people fill in for Grace? Iput the same start and end notes as the last and first notes in the previous and next bars (if that makes sense) with the other notes in a descending order.

sameeeee, when they do those questions the notes you have to fill are always next ot eachother, they never make it hard
Original post by blessup
sameeeee, when they do those questions the notes you have to fill are always next ot eachother, they never make it hard

Yeah, that was my logic but my friends said that they thought the first note was a pitch below the previous one so I wasn't sure.
[QUOTE="blessup;65646089"]
Original post by Eleanorking

bandish and bhajan are the same thing!
and dynamics for handel : terraced
not originally marked on the score
but recent edits suggest a small range from p-f

I think they're different technically but they might give both.

Yeah ok I didn't put terraced but I put that originally there wouldn't have been any dynamics marked and it would be implied/open to interpretation but he uses textural thickness to change the power of the sound as well.

Hopefully the other points will make up!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending