The Student Room Group

Aqa biology/further additional/ b3 unofficial mark scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Oh And One more Mark for the Actual selection A B C D
Reply 81
Original post by mediaya
And the other (i put) was that veins have more carbon dioxide than arteries ( because they are going to the heart to go to the lungs to get oxygenated)

yep that was probably the second mark, I couldn't tell what else I could write , Ty
Reply 82
Original post by ShiooN
Oh And One more Mark for the Actual selection A B C D

I've lost 9 marks then already 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 83
Original post by z1820
I've lost 9 marks then already 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unlucky , Fun Fact , If your Coursework = A* and you get 3 Mid D's in Exam you'll end up with a C. But I would like an A or a B :smile: i hope but lets be honest Unis dont really look at gcse's so with anything C or Above you should be fine
Couldn't remember much about mycoprotein lol. Probably got 2/4 on that question.
Reply 85
Original post by zeldor711
Couldn't remember much about mycoprotein lol. Probably got 2/4 on that question.

Oh yh , Lol I missed it by accident
Reply 86
Original post by ShiooN
Unlucky , Fun Fact , If your Coursework = A* and you get 3 Mid D's in Exam you'll end up with a C. But I would like an A or a B :smile: i hope but lets be honest Unis dont really look at gcse's so with anything C or Above you should be fine

I'm predicted an A*😭😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ShiooN

I only got an A in my coursework but I think my other exams this far have all been A* so I'm not worried
Reply 88
What did people write about why the alveolus causes difficulty in exercise?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mediaya
the easiest biology exam i have ever done!!!!!!
1) osmosis, active transport
A has gained in weight because there was a higher concentration of water(dilute) outside the bag so water entered the bag by osmosis.
B is the one that changes the less because the concentration of sugar outside the bag(4.2) is nearly the same as the concentration of sugar inside the bad(5) so only small amount of water will enter the bag by osmosis and the net movement will then stop.

the six marker was okay I put:
A was red blood cells, they have no nucleus and carry haemoglobin which combines with oxygen to make oxyheamogobin, they carry oxygen from the lung to the cells in the body and then oxyheamoglobin break into oxygen and heamoglobin for exchange
B was white blood cell, produce antibodies to kill pathogens, and antitoxin to neutralise the toxin produced by harmful microorganisms
C was platelets, they help the blood to clot at a wound to stop excessive bleeding and stop microorganism from entering.

last question on mycoprotein
the fungus, fusarium is grown in a fermenter which is supplied with glucose syrup for food and respiration+oxygen for aerobic repirarion +nitrogen for growth and the production of amino acids
air is filltered and sterilised so that unwanted microorganisms dot grow in the fermenter
the fusarium is then harvested,purified and dried so that it can be used in food.

the 2 differences between the composition of blood in the vein and artery are:
veins have deoxygenated blood whereas arteries have oxygenated blood
veins have more carbon dioxide than arteries(because it has just come from the cell and exchanged oxygen for CO2 and are now going to the heart to go to the lungs to get rid of it in the alveoli)

i cant remember the question numbers and other questions so if u remember a question, tell me :smile:

What was the 6 marker about? I don't remember it being about red blood cells and white blood cells!
Reply 90
Can u say the blood in artery has more glucose than vein? Because it is supplying the leg muscle which needs energy to contract, therefore glucose is needed for respiration to release energy.
Reply 91
Original post by Majourdawarf1
Sorry to say this mate... but your 6 marker wasn't to do with blood, it was how mineral ions, water and sugar travel through a plant (xylem and phloem)

Posted from TSR Mobile

There were actually two six markers but wasn't the second one about decreasing body temperature ?
Reply 92
Me 2 XD like im going to Get that , yh physics is my science I Wont feel bad if i get C in the other 2 , maybe abit :frown:
Reply 93
Original post by Leyak
There were actually two six markers but wasn't the second one about decreasing body temperature ?

Well For the temperature , for the First thing I said that the automatic response from the CNS is going to be shivering which will cause kinetic energy to give out heat energy , Produce as much as possible and then for the second bit i said the Arteries and Veins shrink although idk for sure
Reply 94
[QUOTE="x_rizma_x;65638815"]
Original post by mediaya
the easiest biology exam i have ever done!!!!!!
1) osmosis, active transport

I thought osmosis was only the movement of water not sodium ions🤔Idk maybe im wrong but i wrote diffusion and active transport for that first question

yeh i put that i think thats right
What did you guys put down for the questions about farmed cow meat vs cultured?
Original post by z1820

Posted from TSR Mobile

The one with the disease had a smaller surface area so less oxygen could be exchanged at once, meaning that the person could not respire fast and his cells would lack of oxygen for respiration. Nit sure if thats right, but i put that
Reply 97
Yo everyone chillout some people did further additional papers which are different to triple science. That's is why the 6 markers were different.
Reply 98
Original post by z1820

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put that the diseased alveoli had a smaller surface area, so not as much oxygen could diffuse into the blood at the same time which makes it harder for the muscles to work and, therefore, makes exercise harder. Don't know if it's right though haha
Reply 99
Original post by z1820

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put that with the disease, the alveolus has a much smaller surface area to volume ratio, therefore the rate of diffusion of carbon dioxide and oxygen is considerably less. Then I linked it to less oxygen being available for aerobic respiration, which in turn makes it difficult for exercise as less energy can be supplied to muscles for movement.

Quick Reply

Latest