The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Chemistry Exams -6CH04 (14th June) and 6CH05 (22nd June) Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
Original post by samb1234
Yeah that is weird. For these kind of things its probably best to go by the user guide since thats the official edexcel version, even if it may be wrong

The edexcel revision guide i have says that a green ppt that is formed which stays as a green ppt with excess NH3. No green solution?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 441
Original post by ayvaak
The edexcel revision guide i have says that a green ppt that is formed which stays as a green ppt with excess NH3. No green solution?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol this is the problem. Go by the user guide, but bear in mind that when I actually did the practicals half of these results are utter rubbish - maybe like 0.1% of our chromium thing redissolved if that
Reply 442
Lol this is the problem. Go by the user guide, but bear in mind that when I actually did the practicals half of these results are utter rubbish - maybe like 0.1% of our chromium thing redissolved if that

probably a dumb question but whats the user guide you mentioned?
Reply 443
Original post by ayvaak
probably a dumb question but whats the user guide you mentioned?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=531739&d=1463251722
I thought managanese(II) formed a brown precipitate following deprotonation >.>?
Original post by Ayman!
Does it help if I tell you that ethanedioic acid is di-protic?

I get that it's di-protic. But how does being di-protic affect the accuracy? I just don't get that part. :confused:
Hey, can anyone explain to me when to put water into an equilibrium equation and when to leave it out?
Reply 448
Does anyone have a picture of the 3 titration graphs we need to know along with the values e.g. start pH, equivalence point, end pH, range of vertical section etc.?
Thanks in advance, I REALLY need help with these!
Original post by dj3k
Does anyone have a picture of the 3 titration graphs we need to know along with the values e.g. start pH, equivalence point, end pH, range of vertical section etc.?
Thanks in advance, I REALLY need help with these!

1237.jpg
Reply 450
Original post by Don Pedro K.
ah okay gl :smile:

quite a nice paper imo
Haha enjoyed the Jan 15 paper. Will mark after dinner
Reply 452
How many exams does everyone have left now? or are most people yet to start them like me :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
quite a nice paper imo

Original post by Ayman!
Haha enjoyed the Jan 15 paper. Will mark after dinner

Haha yeah I did decent in it (78/90). you guys probably got high 80s or something but :wink:
Reply 454
Haha yeah I did decent in it (78/90). you guys probably got high 80s or something but :wink:

nah i got 81 but in the exam i would have got 85 as i wouldn't have tried to do the ester Kc one in my head and thought it was 0.004 when doing parts and 0.04 in others haha
nah i got 81 but in the exam i would have got 85 as i wouldn't have tried to do the ester Kc one in my head and thought it was 0.004 when doing parts and 0.04 in others haha

loool nice xD I messed up on the Kc one :/ But now I understand that the NaOH reacts with the ethanoic acid and HCl once equilibrium has been reached xD I'm not feeling too bad for unit 4 tbh. Unit 5 is alright too, but I've only been scraping As by one or two marks :/
Reply 456
loool nice xD I messed up on the Kc one :/ But now I understand that the NaOH reacts with the ethanoic acid and HCl once equilibrium has been reached xD I'm not feeling too bad for unit 4 tbh. Unit 5 is alright too, but I've only been scraping As by one or two marks :/

I haven't done any unit 5 papers yet ill do some in the next few days. At least I have quite a big margin for error if a paper is filthy thankfully
I haven't done any unit 5 papers yet ill do some in the next few days. At least I have quite a big margin for error if a paper is filthy thankfully

Haha yeah :smile: Good luck ^_^! I'm sure you'll do well lol
Reply 458
Haha yeah :smile: Good luck ^_^! I'm sure you'll do well lol

And you, sounds like you are on the right track to do very well :smile:
And you, sounds like you are on the right track to do very well :smile:

Thank you, I hope we'll both (and everyone else here of course also) succeed ^_^

Quick Reply