The Student Room Group

If you were good looking...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Serine Soul
Would you use your looks to get far in life?

I most definitely would, and maybe that's the reason why I'm not good looking :tongue:

I think I would be a part-time model and try to get as many girlfriends as possible! Plus I think I would be too perfect if I was good looking - I'd be even more full of myself
Original post by TheMasterofLife
I think I would be a part-time model and try to get as many girlfriends as possible! Plus I think I would be too perfect if I was good looking - I'd be even more full of myself

Haha! I would be a part time model too tbh, some side money and glam
Original post by Mathemagicien
Wtf?

That was completely uncalled for...!

I'm trying not to show that it hurt my feelings
Reply 42
How can you get far in life with looks?? Well I wouldn't know >.<
Original post by fatima1998
Good looking doesn't stay with you forever :yep: like celebs, they are good looking but ask them about their education life, they are like 0 in that... they maybe famous at this time but afterwards when they get wrinkles and loosen their skin elasticity.... no one's gonna take them :lol: to be successful in life... you need a good grades and a qualification :top:

You certainly have had a great education.
Definitely, I would probs try to get into modelling and make money from my looks by doing that:biggrin:
Original post by Ambre
What would you use your looks for? :smile:

Getting far in life is subjective :wink:

Getting promotions :teehee:

Yeah definitely

Original post by futuremedic19
Obviously good looks will help massively if you want to go into careers like modelling, acting, presenting etc.. where people will judge you for your appearance.

In everyday normal life and in all other professions looks are important but they're not the be all and end all and other qualities like your work ethic, confidence and self belief will matter more.

I do feel that people, no matter what the setting or context, prefer good looking people subconsciously.
We live in a society where looks>personality

good looks has so many advantages.

more approachable by both sex

more likely to get invited to parties

More attention from opposite sex = confidence boost and confidence is like one of the most useful traits there is.

There was a social exp once where a good looking girl was asking for money for her train ticket and she got £23 in 30mins just by asking men in public.
Original post by Xenon17
You certainly have had a great education.

you dont need them, but its good to have them... can you get a good job without having good grades :dontknow: and you dont need to question on my education!
Reply 48
If I was good-looking my life would be 100x better.
Reply 49
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
I'm not sure how they'd be that useful though. Good looks aren't going to help you get good grades or a job and in dating they may only help with the initial attraction. But if you have nothing in common with your dates or have a vain, egotistical personality then that's unlikely to get you far where settling down and possibly getting married is concerned.

I understand what you mean but think about it this way.I'f I look really attractive and become a vs model, i'll be earning £1m or more a year. It depends on what modelling agency you decide to get signed to.
Original post by mero22
I understand what you mean but think about it this way.I'f I look really attractive and become a vs model, i'll be earning £1m or more a year. It depends on what modelling agency you decide to get signed to.

Very good answer. PRSOM
Reply 51
I do feel that people, no matter what the setting or context, prefer good looking people subconsciously.

People's personalities affect my perception of their appearance, and if someone is average looking you can easily grow to find them physically attractive or even beautiful if they prove to be an interesting person

I see what you mean but I think that's on a superficial level and people do realize when they're drawn to someone only because of their looks. Maybe they'll make assumptions about their personality at first, but those don't hold in the long term, and people quickly grow indifferent if the person has a drab personality

From my experience people are more drawn to average looking people, and I've met people who genuinely don't care and don't treat you any differently based on your appearance
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Proxenus
We live in a society where looks>personality

good looks has so many advantages.

more approachable by both sex

more likely to get invited to parties

More attention from opposite sex = confidence boost and confidence is like one of the most useful traits there is.

There was a social exp once where a good looking girl was asking for money for her train ticket and she got £23 in 30mins just by asking men in public.

So true.

Another one where a guy asked 100 women on the street if they'd sleep with him and 0% said yes.

When a girl asked 100 guys, can't remember the number but inifinitely more guys said yes :tongue:
Original post by fatima1998
you dont need them, but its good to have them... can you get a good job without having good grades :dontknow: and you dont need to question on my education!

lol 10/10 education m8
Original post by shawtyb
yes but im not so it doesnt count

side note

Spoiler

Gurl what are you on :slap:

You're beautiful!
Reply 55
How can you use your good looks to get far in life though?

Modelling?
Original post by ravioliyears
Gurl what are you on :slap:

You're beautiful!

n'aww thankyou, so are you <3
also i cant reply to ur message on my wall :frown:
Original post by shawtyb
n'aww thankyou, so are you <3
also i cant reply to ur message on my wall :frown:

:lol: Thanks XD
Apologies, I've limited VMs to certain people :lol:
Original post by ravioliyears