The Student Room Group

AQA AS Chemistry 7404/1 and 7404/2 - 27th May 2016 and 10th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 800
Original post by Turtlebunny
No, you are definitely not the only one! Plenty of people in my college found it hard, and we have a strong chemistry department, teachers and students. Don't worry too much about it :smile:

Okay that makes me feel a little better haha
Original post by GabbytheGreek_48
i think will either b about the same or slightly go down

An A and a B will definitely go down I think. C will probably stay the same(ish) and the D/E will go up.
Original post by Tim73
Okay that makes me feel a little better haha

No worries :smile: We'll just wait and see, it's over now, both exams and all of AS chemistry, best you can do is focus on your other subjects :smile:
The volume of hydrogen rate of reaction slacking. Was it lower volume of hydrogen and faster initial rate or was it slower?

Posted from TSR Mobile
1) convert mg into g (218/1000)
2)divide the mass by the mr (0.218/24.3)
3) this gives you the moles of 0.0726
4) divide the moles of hydrogen by 2 due to the 1:2 ratio between magnesium and hydrogen (cant remember moles)
5) comparing the moles of magnesium to the moles of hydrogen there is more magnesium so it is in excess.
Original post by DaVinciGirl
The volume of hydrogen rate of reaction slacking. Was it lower volume of hydrogen and faster initial rate or was it slower?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i plugged in some calculations, it was both a slower rate of reaction and it was exactly one square lower in terms of the final plateau
Original post by matte17
1) convert mg into g (218/1000)
2)divide the mass by the mr (0.218/24.3)
3) this gives you the moles of 0.0726
4) divide the moles of hydrogen by 2 due to the 1:2 ratio between magnesium and hydrogen (cant remember moles)
5) comparing the moles of magnesium to the moles of hydrogen there is more magnesium so it is in excess.

it was 396 milligrams btw
Reply 807
The timing was a real issue, the exam was over as soon as I answered the last question
Does anyone know if we still get ums after the new a level reform??

(i think i messed this paper up )
Original post by Splaffie
i plugged in some calculations, it was both a slower rate of reaction and it was exactly one square lower in terms of the final plateau

Was it a reversible reaction?
it was 396 milligrams btw

*396 ~ cheers btw

I think it was faster rate of reaction, as concentration ethanoic acid is greater in 2nd experiment.
Original post by zigocarn
Was it a reversible reaction?

no, why would it be?
Reply 813
Original post by DaVinciGirl

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't remember the question exactly but I drew a faster initial rate and a lower volume
no, why would it be?

haha I can't even remember the question properly.
I though it said a smaller vol, therefore higher pressure > fast initial rate of reaction. And there was an increase in the conc, so higher vol H2 produced?
How many days till teachers get markschmee
Original post by pandasandpens
Does anyone know if we still get ums after the new a level reform??

(i think i messed this paper up )

We dont get UMS for the new reformed A levels.
Original post by zigocarn
haha I can't even remember the question properly.
I though it said a smaller vol, therefore higher pressure > fast initial rate of reaction. And there was an increase in the conc, so higher vol H2 produced?

wasnt it a reduction in concentration?
Original post by Pentaquark
We dont get UMS for the new reformed A levels.

What? What avout our score
wasnt it a reduction in concentration?

I thought it was an increase in concentration.
You're probably right I guess.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending