AQA Chemistry Paper 2 AS Level 2016 Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Splaffie
it was 18 as far as i know

Oh well 1 mark, was the last multichoice the argon one
Reply 61
the next step is f2 + cf2ch3' -> cf3ch3 + f'

oh! that makes sense, thank you. i didn't consider this cuz i thought it would just be made in termination with f. and cf2ch3. reacting
Original post by GabbytheGreek_48
yeah doesn't have hexane hexane was listed in the question or did i go mad

c6h14 is hexane?
Original post by metrize
You balanced it wrong, the catalutic converter, its no+co=1/2n2+co2

Mark Scheme always allows multiple. So we are both right.
c6h14 is hexane?

ooohh shi :'( im dumb sorry
right i think if the marks i remember were correct i lost at most 10 marks so many stupid mistakes though :/
right i think if the marks i remember were correct i lost at most 10 marks so many stupid mistakes though :/

Just counted, I think i lost about 10 if I'm deducting marks for the whole question and no working out marks. I'll add 5 more marks to it just to make sure :redface: So 15 marks wrong.

ive lost at most 10 marks as well but thats still an A by far, i think ive probably got in the low 70s on that paper
ive lost at most 10 marks as well but thats still an A by far, i think ive probably got in the low 70s on that paper

yeah i probly counted wrong though so mine might be more like 15
Original post by DaVinciGirl
Just counted, I think i lost about 10 if I'm deducting marks for the whole question and no working out marks. I'll add 5 more marks to it just to make sure :redface: So 15 marks wrong.

yeah hope we all did amazing seems like we did thanx again for making paper 1 and paper 2 mark scheme :biggrin:
Reply 70

Me too :/ Mostly because of weird 1 markers ;_; hopefully being the first year for these exams means lower grade boundaries. I think a lot of people made stupid mistakes overall mostly because of time
Original post by haes
Me too :/ Mostly because of weird 1 markers ;_; hopefully being the first year for these exams means lower grade boundaries. I think a lot of people made stupid mistakes overall mostly because of time

yes lets all hope for good grade boundaries i think will b about 64/80 for an A not sure though who knows might b lower might b higher im going to dread the wait for results day
Reply 72
Ye think thats correct, I took the risk and only learned the two the put down :frown:
"-Graph- I drew it lower and slower because there's fewer moles of reactants."

Lower but not slower, faster because there was a greater concentration in the second mixture
Reply 74
yes lets all hope for good grade boundaries i think will b about 64/80 for an A not sure though who knows might b lower might b higher im going to dread the wait for results day

I feel like 64 is a bit high. Even though this exam didn't feel too difficult it was still relatively/slightly harder than previous years and we are the first year to do this exam, with no people resitting and the addition of multiple choice + practicals.. so i'm gonna say maybe 60-62 for an A in this and around 58 ish for an A in the other paper.
Original post by haes
I feel like 64 is a bit high. Even though this exam didn't feel too difficult it was still relatively/slightly harder than previous years and we are the first year to do this exam, with no people resitting and the addition of multiple choice + practicals.. so i'm gonna say maybe 60-62 for an A in this and around 58 ish for an A in the other paper.

yeah true your probly right plus as we all said alot of room for simple errors
Original post by MattJacks
"-Graph- I drew it lower and slower because there's fewer moles of reactants."

Lower but not slower, faster because there was a greater concentration in the second mixture

Was there? Do you remember the values it was?
Reply 77
How are our overall grades determined? Do they total our marks out of 160?
Also was the honeycomb question 1 or 2 marks?
(edited 7 years ago)
Can u repost the edited mark scheme

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by haes
How are our overall grades determined? Do they total our marks out of 160?
Also was the honeycomb question 1 or 2 marks?

Apparently it is not by UMS and by raw marks. And examiner will decide which grade is going to be an A*. Check the other thread someone posted a link. Also it was a suggest question so 1 mark I believe.

Quick Reply

Latest