The Student Room Group

GCSE WJEC English language 2016

What do you guys think would come up this year? I have a feeling reviews are going to come again.
Reply 1
articles
Reply 2
Idk if anyone will see this but I accidentally wrote a letter instead of report because I didn't see where it said report and it said 'to your headteacher'. I wrote the right thing but how much will it affect it
Original post by Maiasnowx
Idk if anyone will see this but I accidentally wrote a letter instead of report because I didn't see where it said report and it said 'to your headteacher'. I wrote the right thing but how much will it affect it

you'll be marked down to some extent because you misunderstood the writings format but you'll get marks for your language vocabulary etc. I'm sure :smile: x
Reply 4
I didn't do a title for my report or date, how many marks could I lose for this?? (I did subheadings and everything, just not the title)
Original post by Amyrosee
I didn't do a title for my report or date, how many marks could I lose for this?? (I did subheadings and everything, just not the title)

You should only lose 1 or 2 marks, the date isn't important and you will only lose one if you did everything else correct for the format.
Original post by amy.dalton1234
You should only lose 1 or 2 marks, the date isn't important and you will only lose one if you did everything else correct for the format.

I got A* for all my coursework, what marks do i have to achieve in Reading and Writing to gain a grade B.

Also, i made a mistake of writing a letter instead of report. How many marks would i be off?
Reply 7
I'm really panicking right now... basically i feel i got a medium B in my language exam apart from dropping one of the 10 markers because i forgot to look at the time. My controlled assessment is a high B and I need a B to get back into my school. Do you think the 10 marks will substantially affect my grade?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by tbbtlover
I'm really panicking right now... basically i feel i got a medium B in my language exam apart from dropping one of the 10 markers because i forgot to look at the time. My controlled assessment is a high B and I need a B to get back into my school. Do you think the 10 marks will substantially affect my grade?

I'm really sorry to hear this. I think it's possible if you did the other questions well. Hopefully, you will get that B:smile:
Reply 9
Original post by sahra30013
I'm really sorry to hear this. I think it's possible if you did the other questions well. Hopefully, you will get that B:smile:

Thanks a lot! I'm just praying my controlled assessment will push my grade up
does anyone know how many marks out of 80 would get me a C or a B in the examination with the reading and writing papers? thanks

Quick Reply