The Student Room Group

A2 English Language - Language Change

Hi, I have a A2 English Exam next week, however I am unsure on how to construct my answer for the language change section -- does anyone have a essay structure plan which will be good to follow?
Reply 1
For me, I always start with an introduction containing the genre, audience and purpose of the text/texts making broad references to context and social attitudes at the time. This is to straight away get AO2 and AO3 marks!

From there I structure each paragraph by a linguistic method (grammar, lexis, semantics, pragmatics etc.) that is where it is most important to get AO1 marks.

It is important not to get too bogged down with language change, although that sounds silly! What I mean is that you should also use all your AS knowledge, where relevant, along with linguistic observations!

I tend not to bother with a conclusion and if I do it is very brief as no marks are given.

Hope this helps!
Thank you, I appreciate that a lot ! :biggrin:
Reply 3
No worries! I am doing the same exam so doing as much last minute stuff as I can as well! 😃
Original post by Jimbo997
No worries! I am doing the same exam so doing as much last minute stuff as I can as well! 😃

do you happen to know if speech will always come up for acquisition ?
Original post by SimranHarleen
Hi, I have a A2 English Exam next week, however I am unsure on how to construct my answer for the language change section -- does anyone have a essay structure plan which will be good to follow?

Hey, are you with AQA A?
Original post by The Empire Odyssey
Hey, are you with AQA A?

No AQA B
Reply 7
Original post by SimranHarleen
do you happen to know if speech will always come up for acquisition ?

Yes, speech always comes up

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending