The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NHM
Media doesn't have 12 mark questions, 10 max I've been putting around 3/4 in for a 10 marker...

3-4 sounds like a lot? considering thats how many we need in a 24 marker... i've been doing 1-2 for a 10 marker?
Reply 4441
Original post by NHM
Media doesn't have 12 mark questions, 10 max I've been putting around 3/4 in for a 10 marker...

Oh sorry I meant 10 marks
Reply 4442
Original post by evekay
3-4 sounds like a lot? considering thats how many we need in a 24 marker... i've been doing 1-2 for a 10 marker?

I was thinking that too. I mean if we use 1 or 2 studies and include methodological critiques of the studies then that should boost AO2 marks right?
Anyone else doing Anomalistic?

If so do you have any notes for it? our teacher didn't teach **** this year, we have no class notes or anything. Literally so screwed gg
Original post by Onica
I was thinking that too. I mean if we use 1 or 2 studies and include methodological critiques of the studies then that should boost AO2 marks right?

that's what i thought!
Reply 4445
Can someone also explain to me type 1 and type 2 errors in research methods, it also confuses me
Original post by Onica
Can someone also explain to me type 1 and type 2 errors in research methods, it also confuses me

Type 1 error involves falsely rejecting the null hypothesis i.e. saying your results were significant when they truly were not
This could be caused by setting a too lenient significant level

Type 2 error involves falsely accepting the null hypothesis i.e. saying your results are not significant when they could have been
This could be caused by setting a too strict/stringent significance level

Hope this helps
Original post by Onica

not sure if you saw me say this earlier, but think of it like this:

with a type one error, the researchers are too cocky (so they think that their results are significant when in fact they're not)

with a type two error, the researchers are too modest (so they don't think they're results are significant when in fact they are)

hope this helps:smile:
Can classification of depression/schizophrenia ever come up as an essay on its own?
Reply 4449
Original post by yung7up
Type 1 error involves falsely rejecting the null hypothesis i.e. saying your results were significant when they truly were not
This could be caused by setting a too lenient significant level

Type 2 error involves falsely accepting the null hypothesis i.e. saying your results are not significant when they could have been
This could be caused by setting a too strict/stringent significance level

Hope this helps

Reply 4450
Original post by evekay
not sure if you saw me say this earlier, but think of it like this:

with a type one error, the researchers are too cocky (so they think that their results are significant when in fact they're not)

with a type two error, the researchers are too modest (so they don't think they're results are significant when in fact they are)

hope this helps:smile:

Haha such a good way to remember it! I'm going to write this down and use it. Thanks :smile:
Original post by Onica
Haha such a good way to remember it! I'm going to write this down and use it. Thanks :smile:

haha i'm glad it helped! it went straight into my head and never left when my tutor told me :tongue:
HEY
how many ao1 and ao2 would u need for a 24 mark on depression?? help
Original post by NHM
What the hell is that?

Just a guess but a paradigm shift could refer to, in terms of research, dramatic improvements in data collecting. Cos a paradigm shift is a change in world-view so it's a reasonable guess, I think...
No idea what the other one is.

They've never come up in AQA Research Methods papers I've done, though.
Reply 4454
image.jpegUse this for type 1 and type 2 errors :-)
Reply 4455
I'm just checking through my folder and for psychological explanations for schizophrenia, my essay includes cognitive and psychodynamic explanations, but would dysfunctional families be a relevant one or should I just leave it out?
Reply 4456
If anyone wants any model essays on pro and antisocial behaviour PM me ( I have ones including video games and computers also)
Original post by NHM

This is so good 😂!
Reply 4458
Original post by NHM

Love it! You guys are so helpful here. I've now got so many ways to understand it. Thanks :smile:
Guys so I'm reading over sampling methods and it says that stratified & quota sampling is more likely to produce generalized data, but it doesn't say if that's a criticism or a strength.

What is it? D: Did it mean generalizable data?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending