The Student Room Group

A2 WJEC PY3 & PY4 (8th June & 14th June 2016)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
in the exam do they ask one question from each topic: forensic psychology,abnormal levels of conciseness? also why controversy do you think will come up?

my predictions: eyewitness, jury,theories of sleep maybe nature of dreams as it was badly answered last year and also examiners love to repeat questions and bias in diagnostic x

ALSO... we should maybe make a group chat with everyones predictions in, may be helpful?
(edited 7 years ago)
Im going to cut down to learning two per topic because of the short time I have and here are my prediction as follows:

Controversies: Scientific Benefits + Ethics, Gender Bias
LoC: Theories of Sleep & Endo + Exo Factors in Bodily Rhythms (may do Disorders of Sleep - easy 3 to learn)
Forensics: Decision Making of Juries + Factors Affecting EWT Accuracy
Abnormality: Bias in Diagnostics System + Aeitologies of Depression

Pretty much do-able in 3 days but as far as time permits, I can only do 2 each as it will take far too much time learning more than that.

Willing to take a hit but only want a C/B in the subject so its worth taking.
Original post by MrHarry
Probably the only question I REALLY ballsed up on. For some reason I operationalised it and started talking about Heart Rate but in the correct context, so no idea if I'll pick up any marks. I put:

"There'll be a significantly increased heart rate in those exposed to the media regularly when exposed to a phobic object than those who are not exposed to the media regularly".

Not sure if it'll pick up any marks at all. Opinion please?

I'd say at least one? if not two. You still have the notion of a significant difference between conditions so i think whether its 1 or 2 depends on your marker
quick question, how many of you are chancing it and only learning a few essays for each topic based on your predictions?
Reply 64
Original post by savingwonderland
quick question, how many of you are chancing it and only learning a few essays for each topic based on your predictions?

Yes because it's too late to learn all of them now and all my other subjects. Worst comes to worst I'll just retake py4 next year
I'm doing Memory, Abnormal, Forensics and Controversies.

Predictions... (In order of likelihood)
Memory:
1) Forgetting 2) Alternatives to MSM 3) Role of Emotion.

Abnormal:
1) Bias in Diagnosis 2) Aetiologies of Depression 3) Treatments of Schizophrenia.

Forensic:
1) Factors Affecting EWT 2) Theories of Crime 3) Jury Decision Making

Controversies:
1) Scientific Benefits v Ethical Costs 2) Culture Bias 3) Genetics v Environment
Original post by alexGedgar1

Memory:

Abnormal:
1) Bias in Diagnosis 2) Aetiologies of Depression 3) Treatments of Schizophrenia.

Forensic:

Controversies:
1) Scientific Benefits v Ethical Costs 2) Culture Bias 3) Genetics v Environment

I dont think alternatives will come up, it cane up last year
Original post by Heidi53
Yes because it's too late to learn all of them now and all my other subjects. Worst comes to worst I'll just retake py4 next year

Don't give up its never toolate . Plus only learning some of them puts u at a disadvantage . ANYTHING CAN COME UP
Reply 68
Original post by im.a.witch
Don't give up its never toolate . Plus only learning some of them puts u at a disadvantage . ANYTHING CAN COME UP

But I can't learn almost 20 essays in 3 days! 😭😭
Original post by im.a.witch
I dont think alternatives will come up, it cane up last year

Oops, sorry! I misread the question.
Memory:
1) Forgetting 2) Role of Emotion 3) MSM.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Heidi53
But I can't learn almost 20 essays in 3 days! 😭😭

I know exactly how you feel! I have all day today, Sunday and Monday to revise PLUS my other subjects.
I just thought I would let you know that I am revising them all but going over the essays in more detail for the ones I think will come up.
That way, if they don't come up, I have still revised for the others!
Good Luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any predictions for the relationships topic?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by alexGedgar1

Memory:

Abnormal:

Forensic:

Controversies:

I agree with Abnormal predictions, for Forensics I'd say Jury Decision Making is second over Theories of Crime and for the Controversies I'd say Gender Bias may come up more over than Culture Bias
Original post by User2334541
I agree with Abnormal predictions, for Forensics I'd say Jury Decision Making is second over Theories of Crime and for the Controversies I'd say Gender Bias may come up more over than Culture Bias

Definitely sure on the Abnormal topic!

However, Juries has been on twice once in January 2014 and once in January 2012 whereas Theories of Crime has been asked once in January 2013.

Also, Gender Bias was on June 2014, June 2013 and January 2012 whereas Culture Bias had been on once in January 2014.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why would you leave it 3 days to learn 20 essays...
Original post by jim80james123
Why would you leave it 3 days to learn 20 essays...

Why wouldn't you? :wink:
I may speak for the majority because when you have other subjects that are much harder than PY4 then you focus on those rather than the 'easier' ones!

Posted from TSR Mobile
hey guysss
what are the predictions for controversies, memory, relationships and abnormalities?
Original post by elchapo97
hey guysss
what are the predictions for controversies, memory, relationships and abnormalities?

For relationships, understudied or formation
lol how have i just started revising ffs .. but thankyou!!
When was the last time science vs ethics came up

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending