The Student Room Group

Am I worrying about nothing?

So being absentminded and especially stressed during this particular exam period, I have forgotten to tick the question from the choice of two/four I am completing during two separate exams - both times I asked the invigilator following the end of the exam (when I realised I hadn't ticked) if I could go back and tick.It was okay the first time, the second time she was visibly annoyed.

I'm now terrified that she'll think that I'm employing some kind of tactic of cheating (even though I'm not) and take action that results in me losing marks. Would you be suspicious if you were the invigilator?
By the way when I went back to tick it was all closely supervised so the invigilators could then see that I wasn't up to anything but I'm still worried.
Reply 1
Or that she'll inform the Exams Officer or something.
I am going through the exact same thing right now, so i can totally relate to you. I can get soo stressed about the littlest of things, like if i wrote the right answer in an exam. The best thing to do, is try not worry too much , remember an exam is an exam at the end of the day, invigilators are annoying.. but if i was one, i wouldnt feel suspicious, You wanted to change your answer, and therefore you should have the right to do so.
Original post by meemeekat
I am going through the exact same thing right now, so i can totally relate to you. I can get soo stressed about the littlest of things, like if i wrote the right answer in an exam. The best thing to do, is to not worry at all, remember an exam is an exam at the end of the day, invigilators are annoying.. but if i was one, i wouldnt feel suspicious, You wanted to complete your answer which you forgot to tick, and therefore you should have the right to do so..[
Reply 4
Don't worry, you've not tried to cheat in any way, and considering you were closely supervised, they would know that the second time you did it, you knew you would be watched anyway, so they're would be no point in forgetting to tick the box on purpose, I don't think they are suspicious, I think she was just annoyed as she probably wanted to get the papers sealed up and sent away but having the wait for you to find your paper and tick the box is delaying them, but that's not your fault, you have every right to be stressed out and its easy to forget things.
Reply 5
Original post by mikeymk
Don't worry, you've not tried to cheat in any way, and considering you were closely supervised, they would know that the second time you did it, you knew you would be watched anyway, so they're would be no point in forgetting to tick the box on purpose, I don't think they are suspicious, I think she was just annoyed as she probably wanted to get the papers sealed up and sent away but having the wait for you to find your paper and tick the box is delaying them, but that's not your fault, you have every right to be stressed out and its easy to forget things.

Thanks for the reassuring response. I've been the only person to have done this this exam season so I feel like the invigilator will have remembered me (I was wearing the same distinctive shoes both times) which makes me a little nervous. But I hope you're right. Also I think invigilators are trained to detect such behavior and I wasn't acting oddly in any way so that counts in my favour.
Reply 6
Original post by 89911998a
Thanks for the reassuring response. I've been the only person to have done this this exam season so I feel like the invigilator will have remembered me (I was wearing the same distinctive shoes both times) which makes me a little nervous. But I hope you're right. Also I think invigilators are trained to detect such behavior and I wasn't acting oddly in any way so that counts in my favour.

Exactly, don't worry, and I mean, lets say they did suspect you, nothing will come of it as they saw you did nothing, to be honest they're just fed up as they've had to wait around in a hall doing nothing, for the past 2-3 hours, maybe all day if they had exams in the morning too, and they just want to get home

Quick Reply

Latest