The Student Room Group

Should I ask this guy out?

So at my supermarket (it's quite a small one) there this guy that works at the checkout on saturdays.
I've smiled at him a few times before but haven't spoken to him except to say hello, and tomorrow I was thinking of asking him for his number/on a date.

But I'm worried though that he might think it's weird because I haven't really spoken to him, (It's quite hard I only get like a few minutes of small talk) , and that he doesn't really know me?

Should I ask him or not? we're also both around 17ish if that helps.

Also is it inappropriate to ask out someone who's serving you?
Reply 1
It's not inappropriate to ask them out or anything. You could just chat to him and see how it goes, you don't have to jump straight in and ask for his number/a date.

Also, if he declines, things might be a bit awkward when you next go to the supermarket
Reply 2
As a Sainsbury's cashier circa 2007 I had my fair share of female—and even one or two male—'regulars', who would go out of their way to make sure that they were served by me and generally made little secret of that fact.

Had any but two of them mustered the courage to make a direct pass, I daresay my nineteen-year-old hormone-and-neurosis addled brain would've been beside itself with delight.
Reply 3
Go for it. Might work and if it doesn't it's still trendy for a girl to do the asking. Let us know the outcome.
Reply 4
yes!!!!!!!!! ask him :smile:
wish somebody would ask me out while I'm on checkouts, might make it seem worth going into work...
Reply 6
Original post by smartalan73
wish somebody would ask me out while I'm on checkouts, might make it seem worth going into work...

Cheeky
Original post by ivak
So at my supermarket (it's quite a small one) there this guy that works at the checkout on saturdays.
I've smiled at him a few times before but haven't spoken to him except to say hello, and tomorrow I was thinking of asking him for his number/on a date.

But I'm worried though that he might think it's weird because I haven't really spoken to him, (It's quite hard I only get like a few minutes of small talk) , and that he doesn't really know me?

Should I ask him or not? we're also both around 17ish if that helps.

Also is it inappropriate to ask out someone who's serving you?

Just go for it, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain
say "i think i might need some help with my packing" in a cute voice... he will get the message.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending