The Student Room Group

AQA B3 paper 10/6/16

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ahhn9
I'm hoping mid 30's. I just want a b at this point lol. What about you?

Aww I am sure you've done well.:wink:I was aiming for an A* in both biology exams as I was predicted that in Biology but I don't think I will get that.:frown: I am actually just aiming for an A now.:redface: I just found that genetic diagram question so hard on B2,how did you find it?:smile:
I was on higher, and I'm 100% sure it was cold
Original post by lottiecat
I was on higher, and I'm 100% sure it was cold

it was! don't worry:smile: 100% cold
Original post by adder007jnr
Possibly the cold was on foundation because there are more points to be made on cold, like shivering and hairs etc. but with being too hot there's not as much to be said therefore making it a harder question.

I did the higher paper for triple science and it was cold
Original post by ECWC
i'm pretty sure it was what happened when core body temperature becomes too high
I double checked and all of my mates and basically everyone on here agrees

No it was too cold, my friends mum is an invigilator and she had read the paper. The marks you would get for: vasoconstriction, shivering(muscle contraction requires respiration, releasing energy) , hairs stand up to capture an insulating layer of hair and lack of sweat. HIGHER ONLY
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by wildjones
It was definitely cold, I triple checked it

You've definitely got that wrong, it wa 100% hot not cold... Vasodilation, Hairs lying flat etc... It seems to me that lots of people have made that mistake so its okay I guess haha
Original post by hupadhyaya
You've definitely got that wrong, it wa 100% hot not cold... Vasodilation, Hairs lying flat etc... It seems to me that lots of people have made that mistake so its okay I guess haha

Okay for you, and this goes for all of you who think it was hot! You did a different paper! Some of us got cold, some hot. I expect you got blood as a six marker too- we didn't get that question. There were two slightly different papers, both B3 and AQA, but two slightly different specifications! C'mon it's not complicated:tongue: this has been established on another thread and earlier in this threat too lol
it was definitely cold and about the xylem and phloem and what and how they distribute in the plant but you had to refer to minerals, ions and water, its definitely aqa b3, so you're all chatting
Reply 48
Lets get this straight. I did AQA B3 higher June 2016 biology further additional science
The initial section was on anaerobic respiration
The first six mark question was on red blood cells, platlets and white blood cells
The question on temperature regulation was when the body over heats. The question said:
"Blood passes throught the thermoregulatory centre in the brain. When the core body temperature RISES the thermoregulator system detects this RISE in temperature. Describe and explain how the body COOLS its self" you are supposed to talk about how the body cools its self when it gets too hot. It could be possible some people misinterpereted the question and somehow only saw the word cools and assumed the body was too cold not hot
Original post by ECWC
Lets get this straight. I did AQA B3 higher June 2016 biology further additional science
The initial section was on anaerobic respiration
The first six mark question was on red blood cells, platlets and white blood cells
The question on temperature regulation was when the body over heats. The question said:
"Blood passes throught the thermoregulatory centre in the brain. When the core body temperature RISES the thermoregulator system detects this RISE in temperature. Describe and explain how the body COOLS its self" you are supposed to talk about how the body cools its self when it gets too hot. It could be possible some people misinterpereted the question and somehow only saw the word cools and assumed the body was too cold not hot

Exactly you cokface u did the bloody further additional science others did the other paper
Reply 50
Original post by NeedHelpAqaSucks
Exactly you cokface u did the bloody further additional science others did the other paper

Nice insult mate but incase u didnt notice this forum is for the further additional biology hence it says AQA B3 on the title of this forum so why dont you go and take you 3 brain cells elsewhere i.e to a B2 forum
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ECWC
Nice insult mate but incase u didnt notice this forum is for the further additional biology hence it says AQA B3 on the title of this forum so why dont you go and take you 3 brain cells elsewhere i.e to a B2 forum

Your pretty special aren't you? There were two 'AQA B3' Papers taken on the 10/06/16. The one your referring to is further addition others took triple science - both exams were similar and taken on the same day hence the confusion in this thread.
Also, you cant really spell properly so i cant really tell which one of us has the 3 brain cells.
In the AQA B3 Higher paper, the one most people have done, NOT the Further Additional Science paper, which seems to be very similar to our paper, but not exactly the same.

2 six markers - first one about how ions, sugar and water is obtained and transported around a plant with a diagram of a plant on the left page, with arrows on the diagram given to you.
Second six marker - when the core body temperature is too low, what does the body do?
Reply 53
Original post by NeedHelpAqaSucks
Your pretty special aren't you? There were two 'AQA B3' Papers taken on the 10/06/16. The one your referring to is further addition others took triple science - both exams were similar and taken on the same day hence the confusion in this thread.
Also, you cant really spell properly so i cant really tell which one of us has the 3 brain cells.

*You're. You used the wrong version of the word mate. But yeah i think you're right, that there were two different papers, it makes a lot more sense :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
this exam i failed 100%
Reply 55
Original post by ECWC
i'm pretty sure it was what happened when core body temperature becomes too high
i double checked and all of my mates and basically everyone on here agrees

everyone in my school thought it was cold so Im pretty sure it was cold
Reply 56
Original post by starstudent7
Aww I am sure you've done well.:wink:I was aiming for an A* in both biology exams as I was predicted that in Biology but I don't think I will get that.:frown: I am actually just aiming for an A now.:redface: I just found that genetic diagram question so hard on B2,how did you find it?:smile:

Hopefully :/ I bet you've done better than you think! Me too... it was the worst question on the paper :frown: I think I mixed genotype and phenotype up. If only I had revised it haha.
Reply 57
Original post by hamza390
everyone in my school thought it was cold so Im pretty sure it was cold

yeah apparently there are two different but similar AQA B3 higher papers due to the way different schools do it. Theres one paper about too hot and one about too cold
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ahhn9
Hopefully :/ I bet you've done better than you think! Me too... it was the worst question on the paper :frown: I think I mixed genotype and phenotype up. If only I had revised it haha.

Ikr.:smile: Thank you.:u: I did revise phenotype and genotype but because it was a diagram, I got confused on the genotype bit as they are characteristics that are present such as one brown hair allele and one red hair allele. So I didn't really know how to write it.:redface: But it's over now, so we can just hope for results day.:wink: I am sure you've done done really good.:smile:
You know the question about breathing in, was the box about the volume of the thorax a trick Q, because I thought the volume of the lungs would increase and the volume of the thorax would decrease? Probs wrong, idk:s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending