The Student Room Group

Edexcel history-A2, Unit 3C-The United States: Challenged and Transformed 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by adegunt
Did anyone do the left wing critics question? I used the 1st and 2 new deals, anyone else????

I did this question but didn't mention the Supreme Court:s-smilie:
Now starting to wonder if I should have...

What sources question did you answer? I did number 7 on internal problems causing the economic downturn
Reply 21
Original post by rblanchett1
I did this question but didn't mention the Supreme Court:s-smilie:
Now starting to wonder if I should have...

What sources question did you answer? I did number 7 on internal problems causing the economic downturn

I did that sources question as well - what points and comparisons did you make?
Original post by bsbnah
I did that sources question as well - what points and comparisons did you make?

I can't even remember properly, I forget everything the instant I leave the exam hall!

I think it was something like:

-s7 and s9 both focused on agriculture as a structural weakness
-both sources also cited industry and the policy of l'aissez-faire as another cause, which i linked to Hoover's methods (own knowledge)
-whilst at face value s8 looked at international economies as a cause, it could be argued that the US banks are what caused these problems in the first place
-all 3 suggested that the international dimension played a significant role with the inability to repay loans or trade on an equal basis
-then I mentioned briefly some own knowledge stuff about the actions of the Fed and how the imposition of tariffs made things worse as it prevented trade and growth of the American economy, and I made a few (very loose!) links between this and the sources

I have no idea if that was even how it was supposed to be done! But oh well haha
Reply 23
Original post by rblanchett1
I can't even remember properly, I forget everything the instant I leave the exam hall!

I think it was something like:

-s7 and s9 both focused on agriculture as a structural weakness
-both sources also cited industry and the policy of l'aissez-faire as another cause, which i linked to Hoover's methods (own knowledge)
-whilst at face value s8 looked at international economies as a cause, it could be argued that the US banks are what caused these problems in the first place
-all 3 suggested that the international dimension played a significant role with the inability to repay loans or trade on an equal basis
-then I mentioned briefly some own knowledge stuff about the actions of the Fed and how the imposition of tariffs made things worse as it prevented trade and growth of the American economy, and I made a few (very loose!) links between this and the sources

I have no idea if that was even how it was supposed to be done! But oh well haha

I literally wrote similar to that! Banged in so many statistics haha
Original post by bsbnah
I literally wrote similar to that! Banged in so many statistics haha

Wooo if you did something similar that means we can't be totally wrong haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending