The Student Room Group

8CH02 Paper 2 EDEXCEL CHEMISTRY Friday 10th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Both reactions formed bottom thing (bottom on Hess cycle) so both arrows would go down.
This means the value is negative right?
Original post by Florent venhari
See for the Hess Law, if u did the arrows like it's a combustion cycle, then you get the minus value, but if u did it as formation, you get the positive value. If u search enthalpy of solution (because that's what it was), the cycle is similar to a formation one, so wouldn't the answer be the positive value???

Posted from TSR Mobile

nah you do it so that you put the arrows down, so that you are hydrating each one to the aqueous sulfate, which is why there was a small box, as all u needed to write was the aqueous sulfate, i believe this is correct as i did a question very similar to this before the exam, but as i said i may be incorrect
Original post by zak_121
Both reactions formed bottom thing (bottom on Hess cycle) so both arrows would go down.
This means the value is negative right?

yes they both formed the aqueous sulfate yes?
Reply 83
Original post by clairebear101
yes they both formed the aqueous sulfate yes?

Yhh
Original post by zak_121
Yhh

thank goodness, i think if i get this right it may have saved my grade as i made a lot of other mistakes and some questions i couldnt do, im glad u agree with me and i hope i do okay :smile: what do u think the grade boundaries will be? :smile: x
nah you do it so that you put the arrows down, so that you are hydrating each one to the aqueous sulfate, which is why there was a small box, as all u needed to write was the aqueous sulfate, i believe this is correct as i did a question very similar to this before the exam, but as i said i may be incorrect

Nevermind, at least it was only 2 marks :smile:

1 mark for labelling correct arrows, etc
2 mark for calculation

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nevermind, at least it was only 2 marks :smile:

1 mark for labelling correct arrows, etc
2 mark for calculation

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah but i have lost a lot of other marks sadly and couldnt do some questions so yeh :/ kinda needed thoose marks to give me a chance at a good grade! what do u predict the boundaries, no beating around the bush, give an honest answer :smile:
Reply 87
First paper was kind of straight forward but this one was much trickier so I would say around 80% for an A
Altogether that is
Original post by zak_121
First paper was kind of straight forward but this one was much trickier so I would say around 80% for an A
Altogether that is

i would have said this, however the old spec was 80% for an A and I believe that this is a lot harder than the old spec and so in theory it should be lower but i understand your reasoning
Reply 89
i would have said this, however the old spec was 80% for an A and I believe that this is a lot harder than the old spec and so in theory it should be lower but i understand your reasoning

I hope it's gonna be lower, I made a silly mistake and I couldn't complete the question on hydration of crystals
Original post by zak_121
I hope it's gonna be lower, I made a silly mistake and I couldn't complete the question on hydration of crystals

same here, but i made more than one silly mistake! but i got close to the hydration one so should get 3/5 marks so not too fussed plus the fact that i will probably loose a few marks on the 6 marker or other long ones, hoping for 75% A grade boundary
yeah but i have lost a lot of other marks sadly and couldnt do some questions so yeh :/ kinda needed thoose marks to give me a chance at a good grade! what do u predict the boundaries, no beating around the bush, give an honest answer :smile:

I think it's going to be 58/59 for an A....see my predictions in page 2/3 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are any of you dropping chemistry next year? I'm considering that since I didn't even want to do Chemistry in the first place but I've grown to love it now! I'm 50/50 about it

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think it's going to be 58/59 for an A....see my predictions in page 2/3 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank sounds good :smile: lets hope, your predictions sounds similar to mine :smile:
Reply 94
Florent you do maths too right
I made silly mistakes in paper one! So far in paper two, I know I lost about 2 in the enthalpy one, 1 on the last one about what will happen to N, maybe 1/2 in the reasoning for data book values, and one for my **** heptagon drawing haha ( I did seven points and it is cyclic), so I think I got around 70 marks. I hope this will balance with my paper 1 to get me an A !!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zak_121
Florent you do maths too right

Yes I do :smile: EDEXCEL hbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I made silly mistakes in paper one! So far in paper two, I know I lost about 2 in the enthalpy one, 1 on the last one about what will happen to N, maybe 1/2 in the reasoning for data book values, and one for my **** heptagon drawing haha ( I did seven points and it is cyclic), so I think I got around 70 marks. I hope this will balance with my paper 1 to get me an A !!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

whats wrong with your heptagon :smile: if it had 7 sides! mine was pre ****, i also put +H2 as well next to it as this would have been released :smile: I think i lose around 3 on the multiple choice, 2 on the water of crystalisation, one on the last question and then obvs a few more here and there and so i should have at least 65 marks which is enough for an A and yes i made silly mistakes on paper one!
Reply 98
Yes I do :smile: EDEXCEL hbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yh same:cool:
You ready for S1? I haven't even started revision, gonna start tomorrow :s-smilie:
Original post by zak_121
Yh same:cool:
You ready for S1? I haven't even started revision, gonna start tomorrow :s-smilie:

I do AQA maths! I have finsnihed my Exmas now!! so happy :smile: but maths was hard, actually tbh i have found them all pre hard and cant really predict what i will get! going to depend on the grade boundaries it really is

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending