The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4500
Original post by b.vi
if i got 144 ums last year, which was a b overall, how many ums do i need from unit 3 and unit 4 to keep a b? And then if i was aiming for an a how many would i need? I dont understand how to work it out

136 b
176 a
Original post by B.Vi
if i got 144 ums last year, which was a B overall, how many UMS do i need from unit 3 and unit 4 to keep a B? and then if i was aiming for an A how many would i need? i dont understand how to work it out

to keep your B you need 68 UMS in unit 3 and 4

to get an A you need 88 ums in both papers! Hope that helps :smile:
Original post by NHM
It's DV not IV :-)

Yes sorry the DV I always get mixed up with those for some reason!
Original post by B.Vi
if i got 144 ums last year, which was a B overall, how many UMS do i need from unit 3 and unit 4 to keep a B? and then if i was aiming for an A how many would i need? i dont understand how to work it out

to get an overall grade of a B you need 280 UMS marks so in your case youd need 136 UMS marks from unit 3 and 4 combined so thats like 68 UMS marks in unit 3 and unit 4 thats basically a high C in each exam but for an A you need 320 UMS marks in your case youd need 176 UMS marks for both unit 3 and 4 and thats like 88 UMS marks which is a really high A in both unit 3 and 4 exams
How's everyone finding revision? :smile:
does anyone have an example answer for clinical characteristics of schizophrenia? really don't know how to answer this question as a 4 maker
How does one revise addiction hahahah heelp
How much ao1 and a02/3 points are you guys learning for media? is it 4 + 6 points or?
Reply 4508
Original post by mosahra
does anyone have an example answer for clinical characteristics of schizophrenia? really don't know how to answer this question as a 4 maker

Me too! I didn't even know this could be asked as a question.. Anyone please?
Reply 4509
I'm not sure if this has been asked already but what it the biggest question that could be asked for addiction? Is it a 10 marker where it's 4+6 (4 A01 and 6 A02)? If so, how many A02 studies would it be worth learning for the exam? 3/4?

My teacher said its good to learn one for each initiation, maintanence and replase because sometimes they ask about one stage specifically in each approach so I was thinking maybe to learn one specific a02 for each of the stages and then 2 general ones which can apply to all 3 stages? Does this sound reasonable? Idk does anyone have any good methods?

:smile:
anyone relying on loopa predictions this time lol? doing media and schizo
Original post by milutin767

i hope they're right for schizo cos thats all I'm learning lol
Reply 4512
Can someone help with issues with claasification & diagnosis of depression please
Literally will kill me if this comes up in exam.
How many studies are you guys revising for the cognitive approach to gambling?
My teacher said one will be enough?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4514
Original post by milutin767

Lmao no - I know they'll be jerks and repeat something biological
Original post by NHM
Lmao no - I know they'll be jerks and repeat something biological

Lol AQA are actual *****

Are you learning everything?
I'm trying too 😪
Original post by yasx_
I'm not sure if this has been asked already but what it the biggest question that could be asked for addiction? Is it a 10 marker where it's 4+6 (4 A01 and 6 A02)? If so, how many A02 studies would it be worth learning for the exam? 3/4?

My teacher said its good to learn one for each initiation, maintanence and replase because sometimes they ask about one stage specifically in each approach so I was thinking maybe to learn one specific a02 for each of the stages and then 2 general ones which can apply to all 3 stages? Does this sound reasonable? Idk does anyone have any good methods?

:smile:

Ya the biggest Q is 4+6 which is why I think it would be a waste of time if you spent revising all the A02 points for all 18 possible Qs.

Hmm I'm actually planning on only revising the A01 for the models of addiction as there's too little time to get everything done because there's like 18Qs that you'd have to know A02 for and only one Q is going to come up from that so for me its best if I don't learn the a02 as I'm only aiming for C anyway .As for the rest of the topic I will learn a few studies for each section. For the eval points you could just learn the general points and when answering make them specific to the Q. I'm trying to focus more on the Research method and Sz as those are my strength points.
(edited 7 years ago)
Anyone got tips for answering questions that ask you to design an experiment??
Original post by mosahra

The layout for 4/4 answer (which I got) is this;

DSM model splits symptoms into 2; positive and negative.
Outline the positive & negative and give examples.
signs of disturbance much persist for at least 6 months, and at least one month where symptoms are experienced
Other factors must be rules out; drugs and brain tumours as they produce similar symptoms of sz.

Remember it's only a 4 marker so you don't need to write too much.
Original post by BethM98
Anyone got tips for answering questions that ask you to design an experiment??

Ahhhh I hate those Qs T_T and they're usually 10marks >.<

Latest

Trending

Trending