The Student Room Group

Missed an exam

What happens if you miss an exam (gcse), as soon as ibewas aware I missed it, I got to school quickly and told my head of year and examination officer. All they told me was to turn up to additional chemistry and physics. (I missed biology). What will happen?
what was your reason for missing it?
Reply 2
Original post by Sobi.123
What happens if you miss an exam (gcse), as soon as ibewas aware I missed it, I got to school quickly and told my head of year and examination officer. All they told me was to turn up to additional chemistry and physics. (I missed biology). What will happen?

You'll get a U for that exam
Original post by luciie
You'll get a U for that exam

Wouldn't you just get an X ?
Reply 4
Original post by Konahagakure
Wouldn't you just get an X ?

I thought it was the same thing oops
I think they give you a predicted grade depending on mocks and progress throughout the year. Im not exactly sure. I think it also depends on the reason for absence.
Idk how people can just miss important exams ( relatively)
Reply 7
Original post by pinkie2999
I think they give you a predicted grade depending on mocks and progress throughout the year. Im not exactly sure. I think it also depends on the reason for absence.

They will only do this if you have significant medical or a serious reason to have done so, and you must have already completed 50% of the qualification. The systems are very complicated for this and it really does have to be a serious reason why you could not attend. Things like missing a bus or cars breaking down are not serious enough.

If you decide not to turn up to an exam they just give you an X which is for unexplained absence.

This wasn't aimed at you I realised it was worded at you but information for anyone in this thread sorry :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest