The Student Room Group

Found a "rolex" is it real?

Last year we found a rolex (or a fake rolex) - completely forgot about it until now - we're not sure whether it is real or fake. Judging from these photos what do you think? Does it look authentic enough for me to travel to a jewellery store to get it checked?13441811_1614502392195815_1837154848_o.jpg
Original post by Breakingbank
Last year we found a rolex (or a fake rolex) - completely forgot about it until now - we're not sure whether it is real or fake. Judging from these photos what do you think? Does it look authentic enough for me to travel to a jewellery store to get it checked?13441811_1614502392195815_1837154848_o.jpg

You take it to the police
If you found it a year ago and it is still working, there is a good chance it is genuine. The majority of fakes do not last anywhere near a year. :P
Original post by Reaver Daniels
If you take it to the police then they'll seize it for themselves. Don't do that.

I'm no horologist, but can you turn the small hand so that I can see the crown? That can often give it away.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah sure, how's this?13410881_1614505218862199_1573402790_o.jpg
There are some great people at watuseek.com (They have a forum) It's best to ask there tbh. Also, really you should have handed this in from the get go, and if no one did claim it within x days, then well so be it. Now you've had it for over a year...
Reply 5
It looks genuine enough. Try and sell it.
Original post by The Good Doctor
If you found it a year ago and it is still working, there is a good chance it is genuine. The majority of fakes do not last anywhere near a year. :P

Oh really? It is quite heavy also, but I have no idea about watches so am unsure. If people here think it looks genuine I will head over to the closest watch shop to get it checked out - then post the result here
Original post by Breakingbank
Oh really? It is quite heavy also, but I have no idea about watches so am unsure. If people here think it looks genuine I will head over to the closest watch shop to get it checked out - then post the result here

Yea but don't judge it based solely on the fact that it is still working. There are some reliable fakes out there too. As far as I am aware, most aren't though. :P
Original post by The_Internet
There are some great people at watuseek.com (They have a forum) It's best to ask there tbh. Also, really you should have handed this in from the get go, and if no one did claim it within x days, then well so be it. Now you've had it for over a year...

Thanks I will check it out!

Yeah you're right I should have handed it in although let's not get too far ahead of ourselves it could potentially be a fake someone threw out!
Reply 9
It is 100% fake. Authentic Rolexes don't have anything engraved on the back of the case.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest