The Student Room Group

What makes a person unlikable?

Name everything.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JokesOnYoo
Name everything.

If they have a consonant in their name, I tend to hate them
Some people, you just know that you don't click with. :unsure:
Cockiness is the first thing that comes to mind, like, when a person genuinely believes they're above others.
Also snakes as well as overly nosy people are scum.
Reply 4
Original post by SeanFM
Some people, you just know that you don't click with. :unsure:

Yeah but, clash of what?
Personalities?
General meanness.
Reply 6
Original post by Hydeman
General meanness.

I don't think thats true tbh.
I know a guy that is so rude and mean, even racist. Yet girls are still friends with him?
Don't get it, these girls tend to follow him though, he leads them i should say.
Think its because he's fun to hang around with.
Yeah but, clash of what?
Personalities?

I don't know. The last two people in my life that I'd descrube as 'unlikeable' to me, maybe not to others but to me, I just got that sense off of them from the start - I didn't really know much about them but I just didn't like them, and maybe it was pure chance or whatever but through their actions and things as I got to know them, they just did things that I didn't think were right, or acted in ways that they shouldn't have and didn't really demonstrate anything good about themselves in the time that I knew them, and I guess that's how you know that they're unlikeable. It also helps if you feel no connection with them whatsoever, be it due to clash of personalities or anything like that.
I don't think thats true tbh.
I know a guy that is so rude and mean, even racist. Yet girls are still friends with him?
Don't get it, these girls tend to follow him though, he leads them i should say.
Think its because he's fun to hang around with.

You have a point. Guess I meant people that I find unlikable, specifically.
(edited 7 years ago)
If they don't like cheesecake. :unimpressed:

Spoiler

Original post by SeanFM
I don't know. The last two people in my life that I'd descrube as 'unlikeable' to me, maybe not to others but to me, I just got that sense off of them from the start - I didn't really know much about them but I just didn't like them, and maybe it was pure chance or whatever but through their actions and things as I got to know them, they just did things that I didn't think were right, or acted in ways that they shouldn't have and didn't really demonstrate anything good about themselves in the time that I knew them, and I guess that's how you know that they're unlikeable. It also helps if you feel no connection with them whatsoever, be it due to clash of personalities or anything like that.

Specifically what kind of things?
Like not sticking to their words? Being snobby? Talking behind your back?
If they can't spell "you"
Specifically what kind of things?
Like not sticking to their words? Being snobby? Talking behind your back?

Example 1: - person ****ging you off (and actually calling you unlikeable, funnily enough :rofl:) at 2 am in front of your uni accommodation while you're trying to get to sleep.

Example 2: - trying to help someone with what, isn't quite coursework, it's difficult to explain unless you know what it is, so it's not anything dodgy (they are 'tasks' that you have to do so that you can get 100% of your coursework mark rather than 40% of your coursework mark in the future. Anyway, you're there, having done one of these tasks and they text you about it. Fair enough. They're quite stuck and so you're trying to guide them rather than giving them the answers. They don't seem to take these hints on board, and just ask the same questions over and over again. You say something that pretty much gives the answer away. They ignore it and ask you to send your work through to them so that (in their words) they can 'look at it and work out what is going on'. It's not technically coursework or part of the coursework, but I felt severly uncomfortable in that situation and downright annoyed that they weren't really listening to anything that I was saying, unless it was something that they wanted to hear.

But anyway, if someone has a lot of bad qualities then, to me, that is unlikeable.
A really big ego
Original post by SeanFM
Example 1: - person ****ging you off (and actually calling you unlikeable, funnily enough :rofl:) at 2 am in front of your uni accommodation while you're trying to get to sleep.

Example 2: - trying to help someone with what, isn't quite coursework, it's difficult to explain unless you know what it is, so it's not anything dodgy (they are 'tasks' that you have to do so that you can get 100% of your coursework mark rather than 40% of your coursework mark in the future. Anyway, you're there, having done one of these tasks and they text you about it. Fair enough. They're quite stuck and so you're trying to guide them rather than giving them the answers. They don't seem to take these hints on board, and just ask the same questions over and over again. You say something that pretty much gives the answer away. They ignore it and ask you to send your work through to them so that (in their words) they can 'look at it and work out what is going on'. It's not technically coursework or part of the coursework, but I felt severly uncomfortable in that situation and downright annoyed that they weren't really listening to anything that I was saying, unless it was something that they wanted to hear.

But anyway, if someone has a lot of bad qualities then, to me, that is unlikeable.

Lol for example 2, i asked a guy for his answers and he was dropping hints that he didn't want to give them to me. Then when i finally saw him in person he let me have them, we became pretty good friends in the end. I would give him my answers and stuff.
Ignorant
Lol for example 2, i asked a guy for his answers and he was dropping hints that he didn't want to give them to me. Then when i finally saw him in person he let me have them, we became pretty good friends in the end. I would give him my answers and stuff.

:dontknow: I could just see weeks in to the future, and every week I would probably have been guilted into giving me answers and he'd never have any sort of independence. Don't get me wrong, friends who can give answers to eachother - good, fine, happy. But one sided relationships are not fun.
When they are smelly and don't look after themselves and have a poor hygiene.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by Jazzyboy
Not being as awesome as me. Peasants with their lesser minds disgust me. :puke:

Spoiler

Coincidentally I don't like people who use the word 'chav' :danceboy:
I've said it before, anyone who doesn't like this track
[video="youtube;x1aS-hi7h38"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1aS-hi7h38[/video]

I'm dead serious about that.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest