The Student Room Group

What are some things guys wish girls knew...

For example, for me..I wish guys knew that loud cars aren't impressive.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xobeauty

So you mean things girls wish guys knew?
Reply 2
how awesome i am
Original post by In One Ear
So you mean things girls wish guys knew?

No. Just as title says
We wish girls knew that as guys we are nowhere near as intuitive as girls. Unless its something men generally use, develop or study in our lives then we will never naturally pick up on subtle body language like women. As an average, before people get offended.
Original post by Everydaygent
We wish girls knew that as guys we are nowhere near as intuitive as girls. Unless its something men generally use, develop or study in our lives then we will never naturally pick up on subtle body language like women. As an average, before people get offended.

Is that because you don't want to though or out of general obliviousness?
Original post by xobeauty

Speak for yourself. I'm a girl and I love loud cars. But then I'm also a (old i.e. PROPER) TopGear fan haha
Reply 7

this is completely wrong

I am male and body language and facial expression, along with tone of voice are not difficult to pick up on. I have never studied it either, its just called being observant and taking in whats actually going on.
Original post by Anonymous
Is that because you don't want to though or out of general obliviousness?

Neither.

We dont have the peripheral vision women have allowing them to subconsciously notice more microclusters of body language.

Some studies have shown a relation between exposure to testosterone in the womb and lower intuition. Men averaged greater conscious thought in proportion to testosterone exposure but lower intuition.
Original post by xyz9856
this is completely wrong

I am male and body language and facial expression, along with tone of voice are not difficult to pick up on. I have never studied it either, its just called being observant and taking in whats actually going on.

I thought a female intuition meant feeling something in the gut even though there's no sign of him messing up. You just feel it.
Original post by xyz9856
this is completely wrong

See original comment. Keywords: Average, develop.

I, like yourself, am pretty good at picking up on body language but my point is women are generally better than men. A lot of guys dont have natural skills like yourself.
Original post by Platopus
Speak for yourself. I'm a girl and I love loud cars. But then I'm also a (old i.e. PROPER) TopGear fan haha

opinion on new top gear series?
I thought a female intuition meant feeling something in the gut even though there's no sign of him messing up. You just feel it.

The womans intuition concept is believed to come from womens greater level of intuition. Its theorised you know "somethings up" because you notice little bits of body language on a subconscious level.
See original comment. Keywords: Average, develop.

I, like yourself, am pretty good at picking up on body language but my point is women are generally better than men. A lot of guys dont have natural skills like yourself.

I saw that, maybe I was a bit hostile haha. The more I think of it, our gender does tend to be completely oblivious sometimes...
Original post by xyz9856
I saw that, maybe I was a bit hostile haha. The more I think of it, our gender does tend to be completely oblivious sometimes...

Not hostile at all sir.

My point is (that I completely left out) sometimes we have no idea what the hell is going off with you(women) so stop dropping subtle hints and tell us!
It's really not that deep.
Original post by hezzlington

Can you elaborate?
Original post by hezzlington

Beginning to hate when people say this. For some people it is.

Explain why 'it's really not that deep'.

Maybe he means girls tend to blow things out of proportion.

Why do you hate it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending