The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Music 2015/2016 Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

anyone do igcse cie music?
What did everyone put for the tonality of "fire" in Grace? I put major but I might be wrong, I just sung the interval in my head and it sounded like a major key
Original post by nomiskelly
What did everyone put for the tonality of "fire" in Grace? I put major but I might be wrong, I just sung the interval in my head and it sounded like a major key

Idk I put chromatic but I had no idea lol. Didn't think it was major though...
Reply 263
Original post by zeldor711
Idk I put chromatic but I had no idea lol. Didn't think it was major though...

I put atonal...don't think that's right!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kxjzh

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ikr lol. The only one I was sure it wasn't was pentatonic xD
Original post by Kxjzh

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's chromatic I think 😂atonal is only featured in Schoenberg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vigster
CaptureMusic.PNG

just to mention, i predicted it right for the WHOLE TEST
Original post by Vigster
just to mention, i predicted it right for the WHOLE TEST

Your really good at predicting then!! Just wondering, as no one else seems to be answering my question, if I have 52/60 (A) for both performances and the same for both compositions, how much did I need in the exam roughly for an A overall?
Original post by FreyaDow
What did everybody get for the schoenberg questions and The Grace score notation?

I think I put French horns then clarinets and bassoons??? Then for tempo I said Etwas ruhiger in beginning and middle as well as rubato and heftig in some places. For the flute part I picked A then I put atonal. What did u put?
What did people get for the true and false in Reich? Think I got true false false true but can't really remember
Original post by Eleanorking
What did people get for the true and false in Reich? Think I got true false false true but can't really remember

Yeah I think that's what I put as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nicolxkub
Yeah I think that's what I put as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here
Original post by Rebecca-Joseph
Your really good at predicting then!! Just wondering, as no one else seems to be answering my question, if I have 52/60 (A) for both performances and the same for both compositions, how much did I need in the exam roughly for an A overall?

You should be aiming to get a high B or low A, minimum. 61/80 was an A last year which gives 96 UMS marks, and your compositions and performances add to roughly 144, an A overall was 240 UMS marks overall last year, but the grade boundaries could be different this year
Original post by abbiexxx
You should be aiming to get a high B or low A, minimum. 61/80 was an A last year which gives 96 UMS marks, and your compositions and performances add to roughly 144, an A overall was 240 UMS marks overall last year, but the grade boundaries could be different this year

Thanks!
And I dismissed Handel and Capercaille because I thought they were too obvious...

Sorry, I should have replied earlier. To get an A*, you need to get 90% overall and to get an A, you need to get 80% overall. If you get 52 in both compositions, you get 52 out of the first 60. To get an A* overall, you need 38 out of the final 40% to get an A*, which is 95%. You need at least 95% to get an A* overall. To get an A overall, you need 28 out of the final 40 (to get 80% overall). So, if you get 70% or higher in this test, you will get an A grade. Hope I helped :smile:
Original post by GCSE DEMOLISHER
Sorry, I should have replied earlier. To get an A*, you need to get 90% overall and to get an A, you need to get 80% overall. If you get 52 in both compositions, you get 52 out of the first 60. To get an A* overall, you need 38 out of the final 40% to get an A*, which is 95%. You need at least 95% to get an A* overall. To get an A overall, you need 28 out of the final 40 (to get 80% overall). So, if you get 70% or higher in this test, you will get an A grade. Hope I helped :smile:

Thanks so much!
Reply 277
Original post by FreyaDow
What did everybody get for the schoenberg questions and The Grace score notation?

I can't remember much for the schoenberg but I put A for the flute melody, and atonal for the tonality. For Grace I can't remember the notes but it's descending stepwise, with the 1st note being the same as the note before it and the last note being the same as the note after, so for the last note I put a sharp in front of it.

Original post by Eleanorking

I think I put that as well :redface:
(edited 7 years ago)

Capturemusic.PNG

This is from last year, and I am very confused. According to this, if u get full marks in performing and composing (60/60 each), you get 180 UMS. To get A* overall, you need a 'cash in' of 270 UMS, so you technically only need 90UMS, which was last year a mid B. But our teachers told us, that if you get A* in both of ur compositions and performances, you need to get a high A to get A* overall.

Help me if I'm wrong.
Original post by nomiskelly

Wasn't the question about harmony, not tonality?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending