Loughborough
Reply 121
Original post by Dwellman1997
Yeah same!

Nice, good luck with exams!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by samm98
Nice, good luck with exams!

Thank you but I'm applying after a gap year! Good luck with yours though.
Original post by Shroom
I did :smile: Both having a job and studying abroad sound nice to me

nice, what halls are you looking to go in to?
Reply 124
Original post by amyyoups
nice, what halls are you looking to go in to?

I reserved a room in Telford Hall, I have an unconditional offer. How about you?
Original post by Shroom
I reserved a room in Telford Hall, I have an unconditional offer. How about you?

Cool, me too! Reserved a room in Robert Bakewell though, I hadn't heard much about the year abroad any idea of the sorta places we may get to go?
Reply 126
Original post by amyyoups
Cool, me too! Reserved a room in Robert Bakewell though, I hadn't heard much about the year abroad any idea of the sorta places we may get to go?

There you can find more about studying abroad, but I am not sure if all of the partner universities accept students for graphic design-related course. As for the placements, I guess we are going to find about that if we ask the specific department that deals with placements.

Right now, I don't know what kind of placement/ course I'd like to do, I have to experiment more with graphic communication and illustration to see what suits me :biggrin:
Reply 127
Original post by Art.s
Anyone going to do fine art?

Hey, I know its a late relpy but I've firmed Fine Art too :smile:
Reply 128
Hey is anyone coming from a Foundation in Art and Design onto the Fine art course?
Original post by Jowens
Hey is anyone coming from a Foundation in Art and Design onto the Fine art course?

I am :biggrin:
Love reading through these.
I've chosen Lboro as my firm choice and hope to get in and study Media & Communication. Anyone else?
Also, for accommodation I'm hoping to get a place in Telford. Harry French might also be a good option if plan A fails but we'll see:biggrin:
Great to hear that you're all hoping to join us in September :banana:
Any questions just shout! Also, might be worth checking out our Loughborough Applicants thread if you haven't already.

Amy :biggrin:
Well done on getting your places!

If you are interested in looking into extracurricular activities at Loughborough, take a look at this year's LSU Societies Thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4194133

I wish you all a fantastic first year :biggrin:

~ Chris ~
Original post by Jowens

I am :smile: which accommodation have you applied for?
I'm hoping to study Medicinal and Pharmaceutical Chemistry:smile: Is anyone else doing the same?:smile:
Reply 135
What's the likelihood of getting a parking permit???
Reply 136
Hello to everyone, I'll still be 17 by October and I wondered if there are people here who find themselves in the same situation. Plus, I'm an international student so I haven't got a clue of how my nightlife is going to be affected. I love a good night out and in my country, the law is not that enforced.

Any advice from current/prospective students ? Is somebody here joining me in the Under 18 gang ?

Pd : I apologise for my english, I'm still working on it :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Anon182
What's the likelihood of getting a parking permit???

Hey Anon182

The official information on student parking permits when living in halls says:

"Parking permits are not issued to first year undergraduates in hall, except in the case of physical disability or a medical condition which seriously affects their mobility.

Additionally, no resident of John Phillips, Hazelrigg/Rutland, Robert Bakewell, or Elvyn Richards (new hall), or William Morris halls of residence, may bring a motor vehicle to the Loughborough area without first having guaranteed that an off-street parking space is available. This does not preclude a student from bringing such a motor vehicle at the beginning or end of term for the purpose of delivering or collecting personal belongings."

I would say, though - and I speak from personal experience having been unable to get a parking permit for my own car when I was an undergraduate - I didn't find not having my car a problem at all. The whole campus is walkable and the public transport links are great both around the town and for getting around the rest of the country.

Hope this helps. Just shout if you any further questions about transport in Loughborough or any other aspect of life here.

Teresa
Original post by santi21
Hello to everyone, I'll still be 17 by October and I wondered if there are people here who find themselves in the same situation. Plus, I'm an international student so I haven't got a clue of how my nightlife is going to be affected. I love a good night out and in my country, the law is not that enforced.

Any advice from current/prospective students ? Is somebody here joining me in the Under 18 gang ?

Pd : I apologise for my english, I'm still working on it :smile:

Hey santi21

Great to hear you'll be joining us in September :biggrin:

Yes, the Students' Union does enforce an over 18s policy for its club nights, but there are plenty of other social activities to get involved with on campus. There are loads of societies and clubs to try out. Also, throughout Freshers Week and on Thursday nights throughout the year the Union runs Fresh, a programme of alcohol-free events such as roller discos and 'raveminton' sessions (think badminton but with more glowsticks!). So don't worry, there are still lots of options available to you!

If you have any other questions about the social opportunities available on campus or anything else, just shout. We look forward to welcoming you in a couple of months! :smile:

Teresa
(edited 7 years ago)
Hello! I've sent this message as an e-mail to the accommodation contact address but I haven't gotten a response yet so I thought this might be faster :biggrin:

My offer has changed from conditional to unconditional last week and I was advised to apply for accommodation as soon as possible. I reserved a room in Hall 2 days ago, but I'm not sure I understand when does the room bond need to be paid. Can I pay it right now (in the next 8 days) or do I have to wait to receive another e-mail in the following weeks before I pay it?

I would also like to know if it's possible to occupy the room a day early (Telford Hall receives students on 29 September but my flight is on 28 September) or if I need to find an alternative for that night. Thank you very much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending