The Student Room Group

Messed up in English language

I did Wjec English Language on Tuesday and i don't think i did great. On paper 2, i thought it was letter instead of a report. What marks could i have scored out 20 for that particular question? Also, I have A* for all my coursework. I was wondering what marks i have to achieve in paper 1 and 2 to achieve a B.
Hiya, i feel the same, you need at least 70% for a b. so probably you need at least 50% for each test (paper 1 and 2 ) to achieve a b. But don't be down!:smile: Be positive and you will do positive. Thats what I say :smile:
Also well done on the A* on your coursework, seeing you got an A* in your course work im certain you would have done good!
Reply 2
Original post by funkypineapple
I did Wjec English Language on Tuesday and i don't think i did great. On paper 2, i thought it was letter instead of a report. What marks could i have scored out 20 for that particular question? Also, I have A* for all my coursework. I was wondering what marks i have to achieve in paper 1 and 2 to achieve a B.

In total, there are 13 marks for form and layout so I think you have lost them all. Out of 20 about 6/7 for spelling, punctuation, grammar, sentence variety etc so if you did well in that category you could gain those marks. I doubt your gonna get more than 6/7 marks because you have not addressed the question. The exam is only worth 40% while the coursework is 60% so you still stand a good chance of a B but you might end up with a C who knows until the grade boundaries are released.
Original post by milikahyounas
Hiya, i feel the same, you need at least 70% for a b. so probably you need at least 50% for each test (paper 1 and 2 ) to achieve a b. But don't be down!:smile: Be positive and you will do positive. Thats what I say :smile:
Also well done on the A* on your coursework, seeing you got an A* in your course work im certain you would have done good!

Original post by Tinka99
In total, there are 13 marks for form and layout so I think you have lost them all. Out of 20 about 6/7 for spelling, punctuation, grammar, sentence variety etc so if you did well in that category you could gain those marks. I doubt your gonna get more than 6/7 marks because you have not addressed the question. The exam is only worth 40% while the coursework is 60% so you still stand a good chance of a B but you might end up with a C who knows until the grade boundaries are released.

is it still possible to get an A?
omg me too!
I really messed up on the reading I think I got 20/40.
But everyone kind of messed up the report as it was trending on twitter.
I'm sure WJEC will take this into account and hopefully lower boundaries. x
yeah, if you got the coursework-A* and at least 15-18 out of 20 for the exam, your bound to get an A
Original post by milikahyounas
yeah, if you got the coursework-A* and at least 15-18 out of 20 for the exam, your bound to get an A

But paper 1 and 2 are out of 40. I messed up question 2 in paper 2.

My prediction for paper 1 and 2 together is 40/80. Is it still possible?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending