The Student Room Group

Aqa biology/further additional/ b3 unofficial mark scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Same thats what i thought
Original post by ShiooN
Guys what did some of you write for the Gamete questions?
1.15 or something like that?

if i remember correctly i got:

then 6.6
or something in that order
Reply 142
Mm , maybe , I remember it giving you a Gamete , then another arrow to another one , and there was no splinting taking place therefore i though it would still stay at 6.6 and after the 2 they began to split
Original post by ShiooN
Guys what did some of you write for the Gamete questions?
1.15 or something like that?

From the diagram I assumed it was representing the process of Meoisis and, just as in Meitosis, before the first division all of the DNA is duplicated therefore I did the first one as 2x6.6. Then the X chromosomes line up at the centre and are pulled apart by cell fibres (first division) so you'd be left with 6.6 and 6.6. Then the second division occurs in which the chromosomes line up and are split again, resulting in 4 games with only a half of the original number of chromosomes in each so that would be 3.3?
Reply 144
ok , guys you remember what you did for the square and the flowers on the Field question?
Was the question about alleles and the mother and fathers hair colour in unit 2 or unit 3? As we sat them one after the other I can't remember what was in which paper at all.. Anyway I assume everyone that sits unit 3 also sits unit 2 so does anyone remember what they got? I forgot the meanings of genotypes and phenotypes..
There are two different B3 papers. This is because both the AQA GCSE Biology 4401 course and the AQA GCSE Further Additional Science 4410 course both have Biology 3 papers.

Structure:
GCSE Biology 4401 -
Unit 1: Biology 1
Unit 2: Biology 2
Unit 3: Biology 3
Unit 4: Controlled Assessment (ISA)

GCSE Further Additional Science 4410 -
Unit 1: Biology 3
Unit 2: Chemistry 3
Unit 3: Physics 3
Unit 4: Controlled Assessment (ISA)
Original post by mediaya
the easiest biology exam i have ever done!!!!!!
1) osmosis, active transport
A has gained in weight because there was a higher concentration of water(dilute) outside the bag so water entered the bag by osmosis.
B is the one that changes the less because the concentration of sugar outside the bag(4.2) is nearly the same as the concentration of sugar inside the bad(5) so only small amount of water will enter the bag by osmosis and the net movement will then stop.

the six marker was okay I put:
A was red blood cells, they have no nucleus and carry haemoglobin which combines with oxygen to make oxyheamogobin, they carry oxygen from the lung to the cells in the body and then oxyheamoglobin break into oxygen and heamoglobin for exchange
B was white blood cell, produce antibodies to kill pathogens, and antitoxin to neutralise the toxin produced by harmful microorganisms
C was platelets, they help the blood to clot at a wound to stop excessive bleeding and stop microorganism from entering.

last question on mycoprotein
the fungus, fusarium is grown in a fermenter which is supplied with glucose syrup for food and respiration+oxygen for aerobic repirarion +nitrogen for growth and the production of amino acids
air is filltered and sterilised so that unwanted microorganisms dot grow in the fermenter
the fusarium is then harvested,purified and dried so that it can be used in food.

the 2 differences between the composition of blood in the vein and artery are:
veins have deoxygenated blood whereas arteries have oxygenated blood
veins have more carbon dioxide than arteries(because it has just come from the cell and exchanged oxygen for CO2 and are now going to the heart to go to the lungs to get rid of it in the alveoli)

i cant remember the question numbers and other questions so if u remember a question, tell me :smile:

osmosis is water not ions sorry but i think its diffusion
That's what I put bus I think its wrong, if everyone else is correct

Posted from TSR Mobile
What do you guys think the grade boundaries will be like
Original post by Meegan543210
What do you guys think the grade boundaries will be like

47 A*?
Original post by Mahrez
47 A*?

I agree
that biology exam wasn't too bad, actually, fingers crossed for c2,c3 and p2,p3 :smile:
Original post by snickersbar
that biology exam wasn't too bad, actually, fingers crossed for c2,c3 and p2,p3 :smile:

Do you do C2, C3 in the same year, because i've done my B2, C2, P2 last year and this year i am doing B3, C3, P3
Original post by mediaya
Do you do C2, C3 in the same year, because i've done my B2, C2, P2 last year and this year i am doing B3, C3, P3

yeah, we have them on the same day annoying, right :smile:
For the people who did the Xylem and Phloem question.

Osmosis in roots that absorb water and then they travel up the plant via Xylem

Active Transport in the roots that absorb mineral ions via the transport protein and are transported up the plant via Xylem

Glucose is produced in the leaves via Photosynthesis and are transported down the plant via the Phloem.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by snickersbar
yeah, we have them on the same day annoying, right :smile:

Ouff, that is soo unlucky, good luck for the next 4 then...
Did you do the 4401 or 4410?
Reply 158
you were correct osmosis is the movement of water through a semi permeable membrane

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending